London SE1 community website

Falling ballast rocks on Westminter Bridge Rd under Waterloo station

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 7 September 2017 3.13pm
For the past couple of months, track ballast rocks have been falling on Wesminster Bridge Road, under Waterloo's railway bridge. I think it must be due to the recent works going on at the station extending platforms. It is much worse when it rains. I wonder if anyone's been hit by these large stones. They would certainly damage cars and cause a concussions to pedestrians/cyclists without helmets. There must be a gap that allows these stones through.
Any idea who I could contact to have this reported and looked at?
Thursday 7 September 2017 6.30pm
I'm sure I heard, on the radio, that WBR was closed off today because of debris from the bridge.
Friday 8 September 2017 12.05am
connie wrote:
Any idea who I could contact to have this reported and looked at?

It would be Network Rail, they've got a 24hr helpline: 03457 11 41 41.
They make a great song and dance about safety so would probably act as soon as they knew about it.
Friday 8 September 2017 8.42am
I did not dare call the emergency number and the normal number did not take me anywhere so eventually I had a webchat last night on their website to notify it. Noticed this morning that most of the rocks have been swept away.
Friday 8 September 2017 10.19pm
Well good on you for telling them, and sorry if the number was no good.

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions