Gentrification and Labour

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 6 of 9
Tuesday 24 October 2017 11.12pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Paramount wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
Paramount wrote:
Put not your trust in Princes! They are all tainted.... The shenanigans of Keir Starmer Coyle Corbyn et am are a case in point...Bit of hope in JRMogg as he is RC Christian and believe he would be a principled leader for The Conservatives. The LDs fill me with horror.. There appears to became need for a new movement to represent UK grassroot opinion as UKIP appears to have succumbed to persona?cities and infighting

There is not a Tory in this country with true Christian values, if they did have them, they wouldn't be Tories.
. Explain!
No need to explain that, surely?
Anyone vaguely versed in the New Testament must understand the point being made...

They only vow of poverty a Tory is likely to make, is a vow to keep the poor dispossessed by poverty while aiming to consolidate the privilege and wealth of the few.

This is true for all of them, including One Nation Conservatives.

The Tories have always been the party of the few, and ideologically worship the pursuit of wealth, and oppose measures aimed towards building a fairer society (except of course for Maggie who stated that there is no such thing as society)

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

Matthew 19:24
Wednesday 25 October 2017 8.26am
Jules62 wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:
Paramount wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
Paramount wrote:
Put not your trust in Princes! They are all tainted.... The shenanigans of Keir Starmer Coyle Corbyn et am are a case in point...Bit of hope in JRMogg as he is RC Christian and believe he would be a principled leader for The Conservatives. The LDs fill me with horror.. There appears to became need for a new movement to represent UK grassroot opinion as UKIP appears to have succumbed to persona?cities and infighting

There is not a Tory in this country with true Christian values, if they did have them, they wouldn't be Tories.
. Explain!
No need to explain that, surely?
Anyone vaguely versed in the New Testament must understand the point being made...

They only vow of poverty a Tory is likely to make, is a vow to keep the poor dispossessed by poverty while aiming to consolidate the privilege and wealth of the few.

This is true for all of them, including One Nation Conservatives.


"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."


The Tories have always been the party of the few, and ideologically worship the pursuit of wealth, and oppose measures aimed towards building a fairer society (except of course for Maggie who stated that there is no such thing as society)Matthew 19:24

What he said.
Wednesday 25 October 2017 9.06am
A story here about Lend Lease and their antics. In Southwark we already know quite a bit about this organisation and their "regeneration" schemes, don't we?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/25/labour-council-regeneration-housing-crisis-high-court-judge
Wednesday 25 October 2017 9.15am
Paramount wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Paramount wrote:
..Bit of hope in JRMogg as he is RC Christian and believe he would be a principled leader for The Conservatives...

What is it with some people and their worship of Rees-Mogg? Is it the power of Twitter? They should rename it Bleater, or Parroter, as it obviously dictates some people as to how they should think and whom they should happy-clap. Here, a picture of Rees Mogg in his youth:
Charles Hawtrey? Knew him at BBC jolly decent chap like JRMogg..


Hm, yes, shame that both are forced to play roles to maintain a career though, eh.
Wednesday 25 October 2017 9.39am
Way before their shenanigans with the benefits system, which is designed, they said, to get you back into work (and conserve money), they played about with the mental health system, which was designed, they said, to get you back into the community (and conserve money).
Obviously, this had a devastating effect on the prison system (not to mention the victims of crimes committed ), so what do they do? They cut prison staff to the bone.

Where's all the tory Christians then? Unwell people winding up in prison, disgusting.
Wednesday 25 October 2017 9.45pm
Corbyn n especially McDonnell are full of gloom n doom. Not the people I knew in the 60s leading Sovereign Britain to great things... JRM is a breath of fresh air..When I hear a Labour chap subscribe to Christian values then I may listen. There is no hope for our fallen world except they turn to their spiritual home and open their heart..!As Lloiyd George said ....Men need a change of heart! Women too naturally

Cotswolds 12
Thursday 26 October 2017 8.16am
Paramount wrote:
.. JRM is a breath of fresh air..

About as fresh as a Carry On movie. Must be because he looks like a Charles Hawtrey character.
Thursday 26 October 2017 10.07am
Paramount wrote:
Corbyn n especially McDonnell are full of gloom n doom. Not the people I knew in the 60s leading Sovereign Britain to great things... JRM is a breath of fresh air..When I hear a Labour chap subscribe to Christian values then I may listen. There is no hope for our fallen world except they turn to their spiritual home and open their heart..!As Lloiyd George said ....Men need a change of heart! Women too naturally

To my mind, the only Christians to truly 'subscribe to Christian values' are Quakers. They stick to their principles - and went to prison in the First World War for them.

I believe there are currently only two Quakers sitting as MPs: Catherine West (Hornsey and Wood Green) and Ruth Cadbury (Brentford and Isleworth). Both Labour. On the other hand, Tania Mathias, Conservative, who won the Twickenham seat from Vince Cable in 2015 and lost it again this year, is also a Quaker.

Quaker candidates who did NOT win a seat at the 2017 election included a Green, two Labour and a Lib Dem.

(According to a survey at the time of the 2015 election, 41% of Conservative candidates claimed to be Church of England.)
Thursday 26 October 2017 10.36am
John C wrote:
Paramount wrote:
Corbyn n especially McDonnell are full of gloom n doom. Not the people I knew in the 60s leading Sovereign Britain to great things... JRM is a breath of fresh air..When I hear a Labour chap subscribe to Christian values then I may listen. There is no hope for our fallen world except they turn to their spiritual home and open their heart..!As Lloiyd George said ....Men need a change of heart! Women too naturally

To my mind, the only Christians to truly 'subscribe to Christian values' are Quakers. They stick to their principles - and went to prison in the First World War for them.

I believe there are currently only two Quakers sitting as MPs: Catherine West (Hornsey and Wood Green) and Ruth Cadbury (Brentford and Isleworth). Both Labour. On the other hand, Tania Mathias, Conservative, who won the Twickenham seat from Vince Cable in 2015 and lost it again this year, is also a Quaker.

Quaker candidates who did NOT win a seat at the 2017 election included a Green, two Labour and a Lib Dem.

(According to a survey at the time of the 2015 election, 41% of Conservative candidates claimed to be Church of England.)

Very interesting, just looked at their website

https://www.quaker.org.uk/

Lots of mention of god and Christianity, not too much mention of Christ. I wouldn't mind experiencing a meeting.

Mustn't do porridge gags, mustn't do porridge gags, mustn't........
Thursday 26 October 2017 11.43am
boroughonian wrote:
John C wrote:
Paramount wrote:
Corbyn n especially McDonnell are full of gloom n doom. Not the people I knew in the 60s leading Sovereign Britain to great things... JRM is a breath of fresh air..When I hear a Labour chap subscribe to Christian values then I may listen. There is no hope for our fallen world except they turn to their spiritual home and open their heart..!As Lloiyd George said ....Men need a change of heart! Women too naturally

To my mind, the only Christians to truly 'subscribe to Christian values' are Quakers. They stick to their principles - and went to prison in the First World War for them.

I believe there are currently only two Quakers sitting as MPs: Catherine West (Hornsey and Wood Green) and Ruth Cadbury (Brentford and Isleworth). Both Labour. On the other hand, Tania Mathias, Conservative, who won the Twickenham seat from Vince Cable in 2015 and lost it again this year, is also a Quaker.

Quaker candidates who did NOT win a seat at the 2017 election included a Green, two Labour and a Lib Dem.

(According to a survey at the time of the 2015 election, 41% of Conservative candidates claimed to be Church of England.)

Very interesting, just looked at their website

https://www.quaker.org.uk/

Lots of mention of god and Christianity, not too much mention of Christ. I wouldn't mind experiencing a meeting.

Mustn't do porridge gags, mustn't do porridge gags, mustn't........

Yes, I met a Church of England vicar who frowned when I mentioned my respect for the Quakers - he obviously didn't consider they were real Christians!

(Given that Ruth Cadbury MP is a member of that Cadbury family, and was educated at Bourneville College, perhaps a few chocolate gags would be allowable.)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 6 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network