London SE1 community website

Bus Stop

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Tuesday 22 June 2004 3.43pm
Yes sorry, point taken.
Tuesday 22 June 2004 3.56pm
i saw a bunch of men smoking hookahs the other night - MOST unusual in tbr...

saying that, during the day they do/did the worst scrambled egg ive ever had in my life - it was like foam - eeeugh - are they under new management, can i risk the greasy spoon again?

while im on the subject, wheres best place near tbr for a hangover cure breakfast (non-foamy eggs) near tbr? on a sunday?
Tuesday 22 June 2004 4.06pm
SoBo, Dahling

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 22 June 2004 4.23pm
noooooo,

what?

a bagel!?

greasy but not rose cafe greasy!
Tuesday 22 June 2004 4.24pm
..or the San Marino a little further down Tower Bridge Road towards the Bricklayers. Good old fashioned caff - proper fry-ups etc. The only complaint I would make about is that the tea and coffee is pretty grim - so have your food here then pop into SoBo for a decent cup.
Tuesday 22 June 2004 4.30pm
Proper fry-ups and proper coffee somehow seem to be incompatible. So rare to find both in one establishment.
Tuesday 22 June 2004 4.36pm
or even proper tea.. its always purple-orange.

please, can someone open up one very soon!

thanks, san marino ok but not good on the auld eggs
Tuesday 22 June 2004 4.50pm
Well the San Marino's veggie breakfast certainly sorted my post SE1 drinks hang-over out this morning!
Tuesday 22 June 2004 4.55pm
aye, but does that just reflect the severity of your hangover
Tuesday 22 June 2004 4.58pm
Could be! In fact I think everytime I've been there has been with a slightly sore head. Why is it that the lure of a greasy spoon is in direct proportion to the amount of alcohol imbibed the night before.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions