London SE1 community website

councillor for Rolls rd.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 19 January 2018 12.17pm
Morning swonners, picking your brains again, my 72 year old cousin lives in Oxley Close, hher Mother died about two weeks ago. She has been told by the housing association that she will have to leave the 1 Bedroom property.She has a multitude of health problems including three heart attacks, leaving her home will cause her to have a final one! Am trying to find councillor to help her. All this going on when My Aunt has not even been buried shameful. Because she very quiet I am afraid she will just leave her home with just a few bags!
Friday 19 January 2018 12.27pm
Jan i've just looked at the council website and Oxley Close appears to be South Bermondsey ward. The councillors for that ward are Catherine Dale, Mr Sunny Lambe and Leo Pollack

Contact details are on this page: http://moderngov.southwark.gov.uk/mgCommitteeMailingList.aspx?ID=0

Hope that helps.
Friday 19 January 2018 10.06pm
Thank you very much Peter, after the funeral I will contact them. I can't believe Peabody Trust who controls Mosaic housing can tell someone of her age she has to move out. It's the one succession rule. My old uncle died almost thirty years ago and my Aunty succeeded the tenancy..I could understand if the property was two beds. That is so galling o think that families born and bred in Southwark have no right to stay under these circumstances . She has to attend three different hospitals all in south London.

Again thank you.x
Saturday 20 January 2018 8.35am
Jan the old one wrote:
Morning swonners, picking your brains again, my 72 year old cousin lives in Oxley Close, hher Mother died about two weeks ago. She has been told by the housing association that she will have to leave the 1 Bedroom property.She has a multitude of health problems including three heart attacks, leaving her home will cause her to have a final one! Am trying to find councillor to help her. All this going on when My Aunt has not even been buried shameful. Because she very quiet I am afraid she will just leave her home with just a few bags!
. Sorry to hear Jan. Pete's information sounds promising..I don't know Councillors etc for that area but let us know how it goes and if we can help further... It is a disgrace.... Wishing you n family the very best

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions