London SE1 community website

Public ownership

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 23 January 2018 10.19am
boroughbloke wrote:
John C wrote:
Paramount wrote:
The case for nationalisation now must be overwhelming
..Every weekend there are closures of stations and lines etc

London Bridge station still looks like a building site!

London Bridge station is still a building site. Two platforms not yet open, Thameslink trains not yet running through, arcades and much of the Tooley Street frontage not yet complete.

If you bothered to check Network Railís programme then you would know that the London Bridge rebuild is not due to be complete until May 2018. All that was ever promised for January was the opening of most of the new concourse, the new entrances and platforms save for the Thameslink ones. Thameslink services were not and never have been scheduled to restart before May.

I agree, boroughbloke - but by replying to MY message you seem to be implying it was ME who hadn't bothered to check Network Rail's programme! I hope that's not what you meant. I'm perfectly aware of everything you say - that's why I said London Bridge station is still a building site. It 'looks like a building site' as Paramount put it, and quite understandably will continue to do so until the works (which I believe are currently on schedule) are complete. As a former regular user of Thameslink I'm certainly looking forward to the resumption of through services when the new timetables come in in May. And through trains to Cambridge! (It looks as if Tooley Street is due for full reopening about then as well.)
Tuesday 23 January 2018 11.47am
boroughbloke wrote:
John C wrote:
Paramount wrote:

London Bridge station is still a building site. Two platforms not yet open, Thameslink trains not yet running through, arcades and much if the Tooley Street frontage not yet complete.

If you bothered to check Network Railís programme then you would know that the London Bridge rebuild is not due to be complete until May 2018. All that was ever promised for January was the opening of most of the new concourse, the new entrances and platforms save for the Thameslink ones. Thameslink services were not and never have been scheduled to restart before May.
looks like NR are fibbers!
Tuesday 23 January 2018 12.13pm
Paramount wrote:
boroughbloke wrote:
John C wrote:
Paramount wrote:

London Bridge station is still a building site. Two platforms not yet open, Thameslink trains not yet running through, arcades and much if the Tooley Street frontage not yet complete.

looks like NR are fibbers!

No, Paramount - as we've pointed out, Network Rail promised completion by May 2018 and are still promising completion by May 2018 - your earlier claim 'This London bridge debacle was due to end Xmas...' is simply WRONG! All the facilities mentioned by boroughbloke that were promised for January are up and running. So how come you're accusing NR of lying?
Tuesday 23 January 2018 12.53pm
John C wrote:
boroughbloke wrote:
John C wrote:
Paramount wrote:

London Bridge station is still a building site. Two platforms not yet open, Thameslink trains not yet running through, arcades and much of the Tooley Street frontage not yet complete.

I agree, boroughbloke - but by replying to MY message you seem to be implying it was ME who hadn't bothered to check Network Rail's programme! I hope that's not what you meant. I'm perfectly aware of everything you say - that's why I said London Bridge station is still a building site. It 'looks like a building site' as Paramount put it, and quite understandably will continue to do so until the works (which I believe are currently on schedule) are complete. As a former regular user of Thameslink I'm certainly looking forward to the resumption of through services when the new timetables come in in May. And through trains to Cambridge! (It looks as if Tooley Street is due for full reopening about then as well.)

Response was to the thread in general. Alas Paramount has not gone and checked on what Network Rail, who are, of course, a nationalised organisation anyway. Something else the poster seems to not understand.
Monday 29 January 2018 10.14am
boroughbloke wrote:
John C wrote:
boroughbloke wrote:
John C wrote:
Paramount wrote:

Response was to the thread in general. Alas Paramount has not gone and checked on what Network Rail, who are, of course, a nationalised organisation anyway. Something else the poster seems to not understand.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/aug/28/network-rail-piublic-sector-dont-call-it-nationalisation
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions