London SE1 community website

The Cut roadworks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Thursday 15 February 2018 12.41pm
Witnessed a lorry reverse in the traffic chaos there this morning flattening a street light which is now laid across the pavement by the junction of isabella st , trip and possible electrical hazard (lorry drove off couldn't get his registration)

tried calling lambeth council but cant get through to anyone ....
Thursday 15 February 2018 1.51pm
Saw a huge lorry about lunchtime... I reiterate that Hatfields itself is too narrow for two way traffic and HGVs as residents etc have to park somewhere obviously
Thursday 15 February 2018 8.34pm
LBS are going to check re officially agreed signage etc and confirm The Cut works due completion 19th instant with no Sundsy working especially noisy.
Power Connection are the Contractors and work will continue along Hatfields to Meymott Street.
Thursday 15 February 2018 9.08pm
Isn't Hatfields on the boundary of Southwark and Lambeth boroughs? Pardon my ignorance, but does the boundary run down the middle of the road? If so, it's not surprising if there is some confusion.
Zoe
Thursday 15 February 2018 9.29pm
The light is on the southwark side of the road. I was impressed itís still working
Thursday 15 February 2018 10.09pm
Zoe wrote:
The light is on the southwark side of the road. I was impressed itís still working

I grew up in what was then the County Borough of East Ham. At one point the boundary with the County Borough of West Ham ran down the middle of a main road - it was a bus route. The two councils provided the alternate street lights on each side of the road. Not only were they of different designs and painted different colours, but the actual lighting fixtures were of different types, giving pools of different coloured light alternately as one walked or drove along. Sorry, not really relevant, I'm sure Lambeth and Southwark are much more willing to cooperate than East and West Ham were.
Friday 16 February 2018 2.09pm
Zoe wrote:

i watched several groups last night using it as a see saw/ bouncy castle/tightrope whilst filming each other
Friday 16 February 2018 8.06pm
I only just saw this lamp standard in road pavement and LBS assure me will be dealt with asap
Zoe
Friday 16 February 2018 8.32pm
Thatís a great tale John C!

The roadworks are rather close to Styles house. I hope we wonít find we canít drive in or out.
Friday 16 February 2018 10.25pm
ninja999 wrote:
Zoe wrote:

i watched several groups last night using it as a see saw/ bouncy castle/tightrope whilst filming each other
Thank you Ninja999 for alerting us to this issue and keeping an eye open
Cotswolds 12
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions