London SE1 community website

More Small Birds!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Monday 19 March 2018 7.21pm
That's good, i'll look into that. I was hoping for something where I hold my phone in the general direction of bird song and a bird pops up to show me what one it is.

One day....
Monday 19 March 2018 8.23pm
One day indeed. When we went into the cloud forest in Ecuador our guide had a tiny device which would issue the call of any bird he could hear. Said bird appeared on a nearby branch within minutes.

Last week we were in Antwerp and went to a brilliant museum where they gave you an iPad which you pointed at a picture/object and the detail came up on the screen. brilliant.

Put the two together and you may have what you want.

One day maybe not too long
Wednesday 21 March 2018 4.00pm
Philipdiogenes wrote:
One day indeed. When we went into the cloud forest in Ecuador our guide had a tiny device which would issue the call of any bird he could hear. Said bird appeared on a nearby branch within minutes.
Last week we were in Antwerp and went to a brilliant museum where they gave you an iPad which you pointed at a picture/object and the detail came up on the screen. brilliant.

Put the two together and you may have what you want.

One day maybe not too long

With my looks and your brains.....
Wednesday 21 March 2018 6.35pm
Please post a photo!
Wednesday 21 March 2018 6.49pm
I knew I should have written that the other way around!
Wednesday 21 March 2018 11.36pm
Touche
Sunday 25 March 2018 11.40am
If you sit in the Buddhist garden in GMH park for 10 minutes, you will see all sorts coming in and out of the bushes. Blue Tits, Robins, Blackbirds and Mice. A couple of other small birds but I couldn't tell you what they were, all in a 10 minute spell.
There were 2 ring necked Parakeets perched on a tree the other day, noisy so an' so's they were and a lot bigger than I thought, beautiful though.
Friday 30 March 2018 11.39pm
Great thread. Good to learn something that makes you see the everyday world differently.
Sunday 1 April 2018 10.40am
"A couple of other small birds but I couldn't tell you what they were"

They are LBJs. Little Brown Jobs
Sunday 1 April 2018 11.40am
Is there anywhere local to get some bird feeders? shop used to have a few things but don't see to any more. Do I have to go to Pets are us?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions