London SE1 community website

Southwark Playhouse

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 12 March 2018 6.03pm
So the Southwark playhouse is definitely returning to London Bridge in a new venue early next year.
Monday 12 March 2018 7.01pm
In the site of the previous venue, if I understand correctly.
Tuesday 13 March 2018 5.06pm
I read somewhere they were going to Uncle, the new tower in Elephant. There is a space at the basement (or ground floor?) specifically designed to be a small theatre.
Tuesday 13 March 2018 8.10pm
I believe they are going to operate from two sites - both London Bridge and the new theatre in Elephant? I'll be sad to see them move from their current location though I must admit.
Wednesday 14 March 2018 11.00am
I'll be sad as well, it was starting to be a destination, estate agencies even had a name for it (SOBO...), with the PlayHouse, Mercato Metropolitano, etc.
When they will all go in a year or two, there'll be thousands of new flats and residents, but no entertainment :(
Wednesday 14 March 2018 7.18pm
MarcoC wrote:
I'll be sad as well, it was starting to be a destination, estate agencies even had a name for it (SOBO...), with the PlayHouse, Mercato Metropolitano, etc.
When they will all go in a year or two, there'll be thousands of new flats and residents, but no entertainment :(

Also leaving, will be the Ministry of Sound, on the other side of the railway bridge: the site owners will be demolishing all buildings in that parcel of land and erecting blocks of flats in their place.
Thursday 15 March 2018 12.43pm
MarcoC wrote:
estate agencies even had a name for it (SOBO...),
A little bit of sick came into my mouth when I read this.

Please can no-one with any sense indulge the estate agents and their 'creative' place naming habits.
Thursday 15 March 2018 5.12pm
PeteStaples wrote:
MarcoC wrote:

Please can no-one with any sense indulge the estate agents and their 'creative' place naming habits.

I find it extremely entertaining. By the way is Camberwell part of SOBO? It is south of Borough after all
Thursday 15 March 2018 7.02pm
PeteStaples wrote:
MarcoC wrote:

I know how you feel, I got a pain in the Newingtons.
Friday 16 March 2018 12.00am
My understanding is the Ministry of Sound is staying. After all the hoo hah with Peabody pulling out of a joint move venture. That is why that enormous block of flats next to it has been triple glazed?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions