London SE1 community website

Hassan Bros replaced by Rossi's burgers, Tower Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Friday 10 August 2018 1.19pm
Pops wrote:
Jules62 wrote:
If McDonald's on Walworth Road can be open for business 24/7, I don't see why Rossi's can't serve burgers up to 02:00...
No objection for them being open until 2am, but NOT serving alcohol. That's just asking for trouble.

Really? You do know that just a bit up Tower Bridge Road there's a little place called the Bermondsey Arts Club that's open until 2am every night (and only serves alcohol) and happens to be run by the same people, right? Doesn't seem to cause much trouble. And this quote from Gavin: "It's way too late for a burger place. The application must be objected to in its current form. This is a night-club by another name." Good lord, man. Too late for a burger place? And you think that a little burger joint on TBR will be like a "night-club"? Sometimes I think it's time for a few of you to pack it in and move to a small village in the country where everyone's in bed by 10pm.
Friday 10 August 2018 2.11pm
Rossi''s license application also includes for both live and recorded music as well as the ability to serve alcohol until 2am every night of the week. Not far from a nightclub in my eyes. Opening hours to match their other location opposite, The Other Room bar - open until midnight, would be much more appropriate. Also the Arts club has the benefit of being underground with no immediate neighbours so less chance of disturbance.
Friday 10 August 2018 2.37pm
10.00 pm would be lovely, sjac. Midnight would be reasonable. 2.00 am is taking the proverbial. No problem with hubbub and noise, fun and games, et cetera, but there is a time and place - both the time and place in this instance combine to make it inappropriate. The old toilets you mention are in a different location and have no relevance to these premises, except perhaps to showcase the applicant’s track record of runing businesses where alcohol is the main offering; not secondary to food offering Not opposed to the principle of the licence but the timing.
Friday 10 August 2018 3.11pm
Hear hear!

No probs at all having a burger place open till 2am. I would support it wholeheartedly; the area needs some nicer options for the evening. These guys are doing a great job in the area and should be supported
Friday 10 August 2018 3.15pm
Looking forward to this place opening!

No probs with the hours, I'll write in to confirm my support :)
Friday 10 August 2018 4.17pm
sjac wrote:
Pops wrote:
Jules62 wrote:
If McDonald's on Walworth Road can be open for business 24/7, I don't see why Rossi's can't serve burgers up to 02:00...
No objection for them being open until 2am, but NOT serving alcohol. That's just asking for trouble.

Really? You do know that just a bit up Tower Bridge Road there's a little place called the Bermondsey Arts Club that's open until 2am every night (and only serves alcohol) and happens to be run by the same people, right? Doesn't seem to cause much trouble. And this quote from Gavin: "It's way too late for a burger place. The application must be objected to in its current form. This is a night-club by another name." Good lord, man. Too late for a burger place? And you think that a little burger joint on TBR will be like a "night-club"? Sometimes I think it's time for a few of you to pack it in and move to a small village in the country where everyone's in bed by 10pm.

Exactly. It blows my mind. It's Zone 1. Central London. Tower Bridge Road is not some small Zone 4 suburban street.

Bermondsey Arts Club and the Other Room have been great additions to the area, we should be welcoming.
Friday 10 August 2018 4.20pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
10.00 pm would be lovely, sjac. Midnight would be reasonable. 2.00 am is taking the proverbial. No problem with hubbub and noise, fun and games, et cetera, but there is a time and place - both the time and place in this instance combine to make it inappropriate. The old toilets you mention are in a different location and have no relevance to these premises, except perhaps to showcase the applicant’s track record of runing businesses where alcohol is the main offering; not secondary to food offering Not opposed to the principle of the licence but the timing.

I'm not sure I'd call it a "different location": BAC is 400 ft away up the same main road and is visible from Rossi... Anyway, my point still stands Gavin - when a 10pm closing has become "lovely" it's time to ship out to the shires... (or at least zone 3) ;-)
Friday 10 August 2018 6.41pm
But i have not advocated for a 10.00 pm closing time on the licence, sjac. Clearly different factors do apply dependent on the exact location, which is why there is a 12.30 am curfew on the The Other Room premises. What i have said is that 2.00 am is far too late for a night club - which is basically what it will be - to be dispersing drunk, loud and rowdy patrons into what is at that time a peaceful and sleeping community. For the record, i live some distance away and wouldnt be disturbed.
djm
Thursday 16 August 2018 9.29pm
"2am is too late for a night club", haha. What has London become, honestly.

It's not a night club! You've said yourself you're not in close promixity... "Not in other people's backyard" is a concept that is new to me.

I live opposite, and have written in with full support.
djm
Thursday 16 August 2018 9.49pm
Likewise, if anyone wants to do that (or to object!), then it's as easy as sending a single email to licensing@southwark.gov.uk with subject "License 864173 (Rossi's Burger Bar)".

Here's a template:

Quote:
License: 864173 (Rossi's Burger Bar)

Name: <your name>

Address:
<your address>

Date: <todays date>

Statement:

<short message on your reasons go here>
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions