London SE1 community website

Clothing Alterations Recommendations?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 29 May 2018 9.25pm
Hey, does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere to get some clothes altered? Ideally around Tower Bridge Road / Bermondsey and reasonably priced? Thanks!
Tuesday 13 November 2018 11.38am
No responses, but I'll give it another try.....anyone had a good experience with a mending / alterations service in one of our local dry cleaning establishments?
Tuesday 13 November 2018 4.00pm
What's with that place on The Cut? The chinese lady? I had some alterations done, mainly to jeans, but i thought here work was very good and affordable.
Saturday 17 November 2018 3.03pm
https://petriiskifashion.com/ These people are in Tanner street. I've never used them but according to the sign they do alterations. I would guess they are more skilled than your usual dry cleaning shop. Let me know is you use them as I would be interested to know how they are !
Saturday 17 November 2018 10.24pm
I have had repairs done at the Tower Bridge dry cleaners on TBR, next to Barclays Bank. No connection, just a satisfied customer
Monday 26 November 2018 4.10pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
What's with that place on The Cut? The chinese lady? I had some alterations done, mainly to jeans, but i thought here work was very good and affordable.

You were right eDWaRD, took a chance and the service was as you describe. However, I can't offer an opinion for the chap who entered the shop just in front of me when I went to collect, and made enquiries about a massage.

I don't think the guy realised someone was behind him and the lady behind the counter was keen to deal with me before attending to his request.....
Monday 26 November 2018 4.51pm
spartacus wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:

You were right eDWaRD, took a chance and the service was as you describe. However, I can't offer an opinion for the chap who entered the shop just in front of me when I went to collect, and made enquiries about a massage.

I don't think the guy realised someone was behind him and the lady behind the counter was keen to deal with me before attending to his request.....

They offered me to check out the massage facilities when I picked up my order last time. I politely declined but thought it was quite funny. I used to have my hair cut in a shop run by some Chinese guys in Soho. They used to give excellent head massages when washing your hair. They recently closed and it's now a massage parlour. Must be more money in it than in hair!
Wednesday 17 April 2019 12.03pm
Hi All,

Sorry this isn't as interesting as the last post.

I need a small repair doing to a jacket - there seems to be some debate about who's good / not good / very expensive etc - has anyone got any current recommendations?

Recently I've used Sterling Dry Cleaners for cleaning - one of the ones on TBR (https://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1262/172305.php) They've always been fine but I don't know if they do repairs (or if they do whether they're good)...

Any advice appreciated. BTW
Tuesday 23 April 2019 12.48pm
I highly recommend Shah @ Thames Tailoring 244 Old Kent Rd, London SE1 5UB for any clothing alterations.
Friday 26 April 2019 10.02am
Many thanks for your advice. I ended up using Sterling Dry Cleaners as it turned out they did a great job with what turned out to be a fairly tricky repair. And it was only 15

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions