London SE1 community website

Free swim n gym

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 16 June 2018 8.53pm
What is people's experience of registering a family for free swim and gym at the Castle Leisure Centre? It has taken me weeks to get myself, kids and wife registered. I have found the website hopelessly confusing and until I finally met someone helpful at the front desk today at the Castle, they have always been really unhelpful, telling me I just had to keep trying online. I am fairly tech savvy so I reckon the website has to be a nightmare for most people.
Saturday 16 June 2018 10.09pm
The front desk often come over as unhelpful and I have witnessed many a confrontation. On paper sounds great. In reality the gym is mega busy at those times and the place is becoming increasingly dirty.Such a pity as could be amazing space as well kitted out. Worst thing for me is the Ďfullí lockers which people use for keeping kit in rather than taking home. Wish they would empty them out every nite and chuck the stuff away. Mind you itís free! Good luck if you decide to proceed.
Saturday 16 June 2018 11.00pm
Message from the crew. This policy is singularly responsible for the absurdity of having 30% of the lockers at the pool at Elephant & Castle unavailable. Basically, they canít afford to replace the locks or have them work with the new pound coins ( tokens in place of old ones having become a covert revenue stream). Neither can they afforded to replace the busted gates and broken windows.when it comes to the lockers, there is a queue in the menís changing room at 8am for a working locker that hasnít swallowed at least one token.

What is the point of this policy other than garnering votes?
Monday 18 June 2018 8.13am
It has been a very badly managed centre. I have had to contact the head office several times over the last couple of years - though that barely made any difference. I did meet the new manager a few weeks ago. He said there was a lot to do to sort things out.
Monday 18 June 2018 11.13am
I've just renewed my free swim & gym registration and although the process was a bit fiddly I was quite impressed I could do the whole thing online.

The Everyone Active website has improved tenfold since I last used it.

I was expecting to queue up for ages with my paperwork and have to fill in all my details from scratch.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Zoe
Monday 18 June 2018 9.23pm
I found it easy to renew too, but find the facilities are really busy during the period it can be used. It feels like they should assign each of us a time we can use it, rather than giving everyone the same day.

Itís a shame the membership is actually quite expensive, as I would otherwise join.
Wednesday 20 June 2018 9.51pm
I registered online in a few minutes. I then went to the centre the next day with id and proof of address and got my membership card.

Havenít used the gym but used the pool on a Friday and it was fine

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions