London SE1 community website

Does anyone know of a good butchers in the vicinity please?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Wednesday 20 June 2018 9.16pm
Frankland Butchers, Jonathon street, SE11. It's between Black Prince Road and Kennington Lane. I used it a few years ago when living in Vauxhall, and have started going back since Great Suffolk St shut. To be honest I think it's a better butcher's shop! Martin the owner is very friendly, and the meat is excellent in my experience. Shuts early on Wednesdays, and closed on Sunday.
Wednesday 20 June 2018 9.46pm
PeteStaples wrote:
Frankland Butchers, Jonathon street, SE11. It's between Black Prince Road and Kennington Lane. I used it a few years ago when living in Vauxhall, and have started going back since Great Suffolk St shut. To be honest I think it's a better butcher's shop! Martin the owner is very friendly, and the meat is excellent in my experience. Shuts early on Wednesdays, and closed on Sunday.

Pete Staples Thank you so much for the recommendation .
I will pop there tomorrow to see whats on offer .
Fancy a nice bit of boiling bacon if he does a knuckle .
Cheers
Nancy
Thursday 21 June 2018 5.25am
Have been using W Bunting butchers in Peckham park Road, since great Southwark street butchers closed down, the owners are very helpful and a great choice of meat. I recommend the pork and leek sausages .
Thursday 21 June 2018 7.20am
Puffin wrote:
Have been using W Bunting butchers in Peckham park Road, since great Southwark street butchers closed down, the owners are very helpful and a great choice of meat. I recommend the pork and leek sausages .
Many thanks for this.
I shall check them out soon.
Cheers
Nancy
Thursday 21 June 2018 7.24am
Many thanks to everyone for all your replies.
I think I have enough butchers to deal with now.
Cheers.
Nancy
Friday 22 June 2018 8.48am
oh that is a shame. I used to pop in there if in the area

I've been using a new butcher's that's opened on East Street, Ring Side Meats. Really nice guy running and cheap but not bargain basement at all - proper butcher who'll order stuff in for you.
Friday 22 June 2018 6.47pm
There ird's a good one down the Blue right on the square
Friday 22 June 2018 6.56pm
goatlaw wrote:
oh that is a shame. I used to pop in there if in the area
I've been using a new butcher's that's opened on East Street, Ring Side Meats. Really nice guy running and cheap but not bargain basement at all - proper butcher who'll order stuff in for you.

Hi goatlaw ( ace name by the way )
Many thanks for that , Will check them out in the coming week.
Easy to get to as well.
Cheers
Nancy
Friday 22 June 2018 7.01pm
mariaboffin wrote:
There ird's a good one down the Blue right on the square
Cheers.
This one has been mentioned a couple of times so will keep it in mind when Iím off out shopping.
Thank you.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions