London SE1 community website

the old Arancia restaurant - and the current change of use?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 29 June 2018 6.33am
Arancia was a joy - a spanish restaurant on Southwark Park Road - and for me is sadly missed. I used to trek down from Long Lane to the somewhat scary territory of Bermondsey 'proper' for their unusual and delicious food (yes I am talking about you - 'The Fort' - at kicking out time).

The new 'restaurant' with the rather lairy green windows was planned to be a chinese in my vague memory but there were problems with the planning proposal so nothing has happened for several years now. My impression is that the ground floor premises is being used as residential now. What is the mechanism (if any) of raising a complaint about change of use?
Friday 29 June 2018 8.34am
JimG wrote:
Arancia was a joy - a spanish restaurant on Southwark Park Road - and for me is sadly missed. I used to trek down from Long Lane to the somewhat scary territory of Bermondsey 'proper' for their unusual and delicious food (yes I am talking about you - 'The Fort' - at kicking out time).
The new 'restaurant' with the rather lairy green windows was planned to be a chinese in my vague memory but there were problems with the planning proposal so nothing has happened for several years now. My impression is that the ground floor premises is being used as residential now. What is the mechanism (if any) of raising a complaint about change of use?

Arancia it was Italian, run by an Irish lady. Such a shame it closed.
Monday 2 July 2018 8.16am
You are quite right - Italian it was. the passage of so much time...

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions