London SE1 community website

Sadiq Khan

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7
Friday 13 July 2018 12.40pm
Message removed
Friday 13 July 2018 1.11pm
What a ridiculous take.

It's impossible to be in that position of power and not be flawed. Obama wasn't perfect. Every previous POTUS has made bad decisions. No denying that.

However, it's just ignorant to pretend Trump isn't far worse. Perhaps you should actually do some reading. I'm glad these 'empty vessels' are now actually willing to share their opinions and protest instead of being apathetic.
Friday 13 July 2018 1.45pm
It's the lack of decorum I find offense and the seeming fawning of those around him who empower it. He comes across as a deeply unpleasant man, shouting off his mouth as he pleases with no concern for the facts or the impact of his ill-founded opinions. I shouldn't have to be aware of this idiot on a daily basis but there's just no escaping his repellent views.

He promotes the ideologies of the extreme under the guise of 'family values' whilst simultaneously pursuing a purely business-centric model of democracy that only benefits a rich elite.

He sexually assaults women, mocks ethnic minorities and those with disabilities, offers his support to oppressive regimes and their leaders whilst seeking to trample on the hard-won freedoms of the rest of the world all in the name of 'America first'. He deserves our mockery and distaste.
Friday 13 July 2018 3.08pm
Message removed
Friday 13 July 2018 6.50pm
faraday wrote:
Goldry
You seem confident in your claim.

Why not explain to this ridiculous empty vessel exactly why ...

"it's just ignorant to pretend Trump isn't far worse"

Im keen to know ... educate me.

Faraday

I don't think this requires a reply, Faraday. I believe Tolstoy's message above encapsulates what so many of us think of Trump - 'a deeply unpleasant man'. Rarely has there been such unanimity on SE1!
Friday 13 July 2018 10.55pm
faraday wrote:
AGAIN ... from chatter
I donít get the endless anti-Trump whinging,

I don't see any "anti-Trump whinging", what I see is public ridiculing of an angry baby. Trump is comedy/satire gold. No one takes the idiot seriously. Even BoJo is cringing and tearing his hair out at the "endorsement" from his fellow tv-personality. If Trump knew who Tommy Robinson were, he'd say he'd make a great PM.
Friday 13 July 2018 11.32pm
John Cleese sums Trump's visit up nicely:
Saturday 14 July 2018 9.04am
Reagan, Bush, Clinton, George W., Obama, Trump... Under their administrations the US has been killing innocent people on a regular basis. This whole thing about the US and its Presidents being the good guys is a propagandistic myth that unfortunately many saps still fall for.
Saturday 14 July 2018 4.31pm
Tolstoy wrote:
He promotes the ideologies of the extreme under the guise of 'family values' whilst simultaneously pursuing a purely business-centric model of democracy that only benefits a rich elite.
He sexually assaults women, mocks ethnic minorities and those with disabilities, offers his support to oppressive regimes and their leaders whilst seeking to trample on the hard-won freedoms of the rest of the world all in the name of 'America first'. He deserves our mockery and distaste.

Not to mention that he's a Global Warming denier...
Thursday 26 July 2018 3.08am
I can't wait for the next Saudi visit. I expect to see thousands protesting....
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions