London SE1 community website

Sadiq Khan

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7
Thursday 2 August 2018 11.28am
Message removed
Thursday 2 August 2018 3.13pm
faraday wrote:
Thebunhouse wrote:
The man who dodged the draft with a hook on his heel.
Does a draft dodger honour the war dead or insult them by indicating he believes his life is more important?

FYI - Bill Clinton dodged the draft too. "

But did he valour thieve the US veterans and soldiers as much as Trump does? Don't think so.
Thursday 2 August 2018 10.04pm
Sadiq would do well to focus on knife crime and this "drill music" bollocks to stop these kids from ruining lives and killing each other
Thursday 2 August 2018 11.30pm
NickTheGreek wrote:
Sadiq would do well to focus on knife crime and this "drill music" bollocks to stop these kids from ruining lives and killing each other


What is your suggestion re stopping knife crime? Sadiq is an elected Mayor, so he is here to serve those who elected him. How do you suggest he serves you in that particular respect?
Friday 3 August 2018 9.21am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
NickTheGreek wrote:
Sadiq would do well to focus on knife crime and this "drill music" bollocks to stop these kids from ruining lives and killing each other


What is your suggestion re stopping knife crime? Sadiq is an elected Mayor, so he is here to serve those who elected him. How do you suggest he serves you in that particular respect?
. Perhaps getting all the Mums..Dads who have lost children to knife and gun murders to monitor detectors..or police stop and search for weapons? Any lip from protestors would soon shut up...oh whoops I've just woken up ...
Friday 3 August 2018 12.22pm
Jan the old one wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
NickTheGreek wrote:
Sadiq would do well to focus on knife crime and this "drill music" bollocks to stop these kids from ruining lives and killing each other


What is your suggestion re stopping knife crime? Sadiq is an elected Mayor, so he is here to serve those who elected him. How do you suggest he serves you in that particular respect?
. Perhaps getting all the Mums..Dads who have lost children to knife and gun murders to monitor detectors..or police stop and search for weapons? Any lip from protestors would soon shut up...oh whoops I've just woken up ...

Hasn't stop and search increased? On police presence - a couple of fays ago there was an altercation going on outside Va Piano. I think it was couple: a young skinny lad and his partner. Don't know what the issue was, but at some point the lady had the lad in a headlock. The lad was quite agitated and it seems she was trying to calm him down. A lot of bystanders. Long story short: in the end there were 5 police cars and 1 ambulance. Just for the 1 lad. No weapons were involved, it wasn't even a physical fight: why 5 police cars? Waste of resources....
Friday 3 August 2018 9.36pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
NickTheGreek wrote:
Sadiq would do well to focus on knife crime and this "drill music" bollocks to stop these kids from ruining lives and killing each other


What is your suggestion re stopping knife crime? Sadiq is an elected Mayor, so he is here to serve those who elected him. How do you suggest he serves you in that particular respect?

Education

Proper penalties for carrying a knife (eg banged up for 5 years minimum)- not that Sadiq can influence this himself, needs to be in collaboration with wider government

Focus on youth engagement


I've got to the age of 37 without carrying a knife, why can't these little pricks manage it?
Sunday 16 September 2018 1.15pm
He's not wrong,

The whole thing is an unmitigated disaster, we the people have nothing to gain from this, it would not be a people's Brexit but a government's Brexit. Also, there are now so many versions of Brexit that you can hardly say Leave is a majority as they are many different groups all with different Brexits in mind.
Sunday 16 September 2018 8.16pm
I feel a bit sorry for Khan, he's constantly getting blamed for stuff he cannot affect, not least the roads (closures etc), of which he controls about 5% of. People blame him for the lack of action over knife crime when the Police have been cut to the bone.


Just shows the futility of the position in my view.
Monday 17 September 2018 1.15pm
boroughonian wrote:
I feel a bit sorry for Khan, he's constantly getting blamed for stuff he cannot affect, not least the roads (closures etc), of which he controls about 5% of. People blame him for the lack of action over knife crime when the Police have been cut to the bone.

Just shows the futility of the position in my view.

A Tory government won't help a Labour Mayor. I suspect that if Goldsmith had won, things would be different. Re the futility of the position: you could then equally argue that the position of a POTUS is futile if the party he represents doesn't have the majority in the House, as we saw during the Obama administration and we might see again with Trump after the midterm elections in November.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions