London SE1 community website

Virgin Media Landline

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 27 July 2018 6.54am
That's good news Zoe. Hope it lasts. They are sending out a "senior technician" tomorrow to check mine although last night the line didn't go down (first time in weeks!) so perhaps they have fixed the problem.
Friday 27 July 2018 9.23am
The way everything is parceled out now to different service providers whilst BT are still actually responsible for the line makes it very difficult to work out what exactly is going on. I've had an intermittent fault on my line for years and after four different checks; one to confirm there was a problem (I know!), second to just go through the routine I'd already done myself to re-confirm there was an issue, third to 'fix' it, then a fourth to 'fix it again, all the while being warned I'd have to pay for these visits if fault was found to be on my side of the exchange. I've since never heard from them again, not been charged but equally not convinced its fixed either. I've now given up.
Friday 27 July 2018 9.46pm
Oh wow Tolstoy!
That is deeply depressing.
I wanted to make a call at 9.30 this evening and of course there was no dial tone. So much for my "free" evening and week-end calls package! I just can't see them sorting this any time soon.
Let's see what the "Senior Technician" has to say tomorrow. (Yet another 4 hours hanging around at home waiting).
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions