London SE1 community website

Return to Millennium garages

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
drj
Friday 27 July 2018 5.17pm
So long time dealing with Nick/Customer of - was sad to hear what happened with the bankruptcy and know how many people get impacted when a business goes. Got a slip earlier in the year to say they'd reopened of Millennium Garages. Car spring broke so took the leap.

So if you're an old customer you'd remember John - one of the younger mechanics - I realised he's been working on my car for most of the last 10 years- he's now running the place. As far as I can tell it's a whole new enterprise (no Nick involved - checked with companies house).

John's doing a great job - by the looks working uphill on sorting the pile of messes left by Nick. Extra things like taking a video of the problem with my spring and pictures of the issues so he can talk me through what he had to fix.

Nice clean invoice, clear (and much more understandable than in the past) - and I could pay super quick by bank transfer.

Would suggest giving John a go - he's got a Sisyphean task building a business in this climate.
Sunday 12 August 2018 9.00pm
That's good to know - I enjoyed Nick's company as well as his fantastic work and advice. I will give John a go. Did he ask for cash or bill you afterwards ?
Monday 13 August 2018 8.49am
We've started using John as well - he was always the mechanic you'd want working on your car when Nick owned the place. He knows his stuff and is much more up-front, clear, organised and trustworthy, in my opinion. We had a lot of problems with the old Millennium Garages, so I'm pleased we can bring our custom back to a local place. He's more or less having to start from the ground up in order to rebuild the client list. Good luck to him. They still don't do MOTs unfortunately (Nick never did either - he sent them out to another garage, although we never realised that at the time).

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions