London SE1 community website

Kate Hoey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 2 of 7
Sunday 29 July 2018 11.44pm
Philipdiogenes wrote:
She is also a very good constituency MP. I would love to see her standing as an independent if Momentum get rid of her. She would walk it.
A good constituency MP serves their constituents. Seems to me Hoey is out of touch with hers and pursues her own interests. Again, if she had any integrity, she should leave Labour, or even, as John C said, have resigned as a Labour MP long ago. She appears to be using the party for her own means rather than working for the party. She comes across as self-serving, not unlike Runaway Nige.
Monday 30 July 2018 9.47am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Philipdiogenes wrote:
She is also a very good constituency MP. I would love to see her standing as an independent if Momentum get rid of her. She would walk it.
A good constituency MP serves their constituents. Seems to me Hoey is out of touch with hers and pursues her own interests. Again, if she had any integrity, she should leave Labour, or even, as John C said, have resigned as a Labour MP long ago. She appears to be using the party for her own means rather than working for the party. She comes across as self-serving, not unlike Runaway Nige.

Perhaps you should put your name forward as you appear to monopolise this forum with your predictable opinions.
Monday 30 July 2018 10.59am
SERES wrote:

Perhaps you should put your name forward as you appear to monopolise this forum with your predictable opinions.

That doesn't make sense.
Monday 30 July 2018 12.50pm
Whilst noting the Lambeth and Momentum MT agenda points. ..... BREXIT is VIP to many and Kate ....that's why she joined Nigel on the Thames...incidentally it was meant to be Nigel and Kate day but others chose to shove their oar in!Branson and his merry men! Wales and England voted NEED IT and London is still in England i believe.so Kate has noted and acted honourably .....After all Benn and Powell were often against party policy but had the populist people vote generally

Cotswolds 12
Monday 30 July 2018 1.54pm
Paramount wrote:
Kate has noted and acted honourably .....After all Benn and Powell were often against party policy but had the populist people vote generally

Oh dear, comparing Hoey to Benn and Powell now... Not exactly the same league - she put herself in one league with the Poundshop Powell Farage.
Monday 30 July 2018 3.50pm
I disagree with Hoey on Brexit but have worked with her on a number on local issues. She is clear-headed and effective, which is why I would back her although I have never been a member of any political party. Brexit is not the only issue, and I do not wish to get involved in the fetid internal politics of the Labour party at the moment.
Monday 30 July 2018 4.22pm
Philipdiogenes wrote:
Brexit is not the only issue

Are you sure about that/ Everything else seems om hold, as everything will change depending on whether or how Brexit will pan out.
Monday 30 July 2018 5.12pm
So many of you are choosing to ignore the fact that the pro-Brexit MP Kate Hoey ( as is the majority of the nation) was re-elected as the Parliamentary Constituency MP for Vauxhall in 2017.

That General Election took place after the Referendum and Ms. Hoey's well known opinions and positions were in the public domain.
She won again.
It would appear that those who would like to have the last word, always, must wait another 4 years before being able to say 'I told you so'.
Monday 30 July 2018 6.06pm
She would not win as an independent. How funny.

Vauxhall will continue to vote Labour with or without her.
Monday 30 July 2018 7.34pm
goldry wrote:
She would not win as an independent. How funny.
Vauxhall will continue to vote Labour with or without her.

That's why she won't quite Labour.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 2 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions