London SE1 community website

Kate Hoey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 3 of 7
Monday 30 July 2018 9.40pm
I'm out of this. Good debate but only the Labour Party/momentum and/ or the electorate will decide.

Good night
Monday 30 July 2018 11.45pm
boroughonian wrote:
The only people that should be deciding whether or not she's fit for the job are the electorate.

Philipdiogenes wrote:
Good debate but only the Labour Party/momentum and/ or the electorate will decide.

Only the Vauxhall Labour Party (and that includes its members who are affiliated to Momentum) can decide what candidate to field to contests the seat in a general election.

The electorate can only vote for, or against, their choice of candidate when they enter the polling station on election day.
Tuesday 31 July 2018 4.07pm
As a Labour party member in Vauxhall I confidently predict that she would have been deselected before the last election.( no choice was allowed due to time constraints). She is a popular constituency MP but the large majority she received reflected a very safe Labour seat coupled with the popularity of Corbyn. Her majority would be 30 thousand + if she wasn't rabidly pro-brexit. In addition to this and pro fox hunting stance, she is not popular with the LGBT voters here with her perceived poor voting record on various bills. I'v met her during elections while campaigning and personally like her but didn't campaign for her last election and voted Libdem very reluctantly!
Tuesday 31 July 2018 9.40pm
brenhell,
You cannot be serious.
A Labour Party member voting Lib-Dem ?
If you disapprove of the Labour candidate don't vote.
Tuesday 31 July 2018 10.13pm
Where there is political stability an ‘independent thinking’ elected official might be a good thing. In the current state of political turmoil, Hoey’s ‘independent’ thinking and voting reveals her to be reactionary and right wing. I recognise she does well electorally but I think this is because she is on the Labour ticket. And Ive heard from friends in Vauxhall that she is regarded as a good constituency MP.
I don’t really care one way or the other about fox hunting but seeing her chum up with Farage, the most disreputable person in contemporary UK politics, made me queasy. I don’t really understand internal Labour politics and though my own political leanings are leftish, I’m suspicious of Momentum and what appears to me as cultism. But bottom line for me, Hoey does not represent the views of her constituency on Brexit which, like it or not, is the most important issue of the day. I haven’t heard her or any other leaver explain how we will benefit from leaving the EU. Not a single substantive reason. For those reasons I would be happy to see her stand down.
Tuesday 31 July 2018 10.25pm
Chrislyn

Delighted you have turned up from nowhere. This is a local site and we will see you coming.

Go back into Labour HQ And re think your strategy.
Tuesday 31 July 2018 11.06pm
Philipdiogenes wrote:
Chrislyn
Delighted you have turned up from nowhere. This is a local site and we will see you coming.

Chrislyn makes valid points though.
Wednesday 1 August 2018 10.23am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Philipdiogenes wrote:
Chrislyn

Chrislyn makes valid points though.

Agreed, eDWaRD, Chrislyn makes very valid points - what is Philipdiogenes on about? This is a local site so only Hoey's own constituents are allowed to comment on her behaviour? Sorry, I don't live in Vauxhall either but I reserve the right to comment!

Or is Philipdiogenes implying that Chrislyn (whom I for one don't know) is some form of stooge for Labour HQ?

Philipdiogenes - reserve your insults for longstanding contributors to this forum (some of whom may well deserve insulting but have thick skins!) not new kids on the block.
Wednesday 1 August 2018 12.18pm
John C wrote:
Or is Philipdiogenes implying that Chrislyn (whom I for one don't know) is some form of stooge for Labour HQ?

I think so.
Wednesday 1 August 2018 4.58pm
That's even worse. So I should throw away my vote? Under FPTP you rarely get to cast your vote for an ' ideal' candidate but your most preferred available. There was no independent Labour / pro remain candidate standing and the next best was the Libdem. Surely not rocket Science.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 3 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions