London SE1 community website

Kate Hoey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 4 of 7
Wednesday 1 August 2018 6.32pm
How about the Greens?
Closer to Labour than treacherous Lib-Dems.
Thursday 2 August 2018 9.09am
Thebunhouse wrote:
How about the Greens?

I voted Green in a similar situation - it's a wasted vote but it gives you a warm feeling inside.
Thursday 2 August 2018 11.36am
Thebunhouse wrote:
How about the Greens?
Not that my opinion will have any effect on yours, but the tribal grudge-bearing in politics is so futile. None of the parties are particularly consistent in their policies over time, the direction changes with the wind of popular opinion and different leaders. Blair was nothing like Kinnock, and Corbyn is nothing like either of them. The Conservatives seem more liberal than Labour nowadays, and personally I thought the Lib Dems did the country a favour by joining the coalition.

The fact Hoey keeps getting elected despite being at odds with her constituents on some big-ticket issues just underlines the stupidity of the political tribes, in my view. A lot of people vote for their party regardless of the candidate and regardless of the manifesto.
Friday 3 August 2018 4.12pm
PeteStaples wrote:
A lot of people vote for their party regardless of the candidate and regardless of the manifesto.

I agree.
Saturday 4 August 2018 12.18am
Me too
Saturday 4 August 2018 10.54pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
PeteStaples wrote:
A lot of people vote for their party regardless of the candidate and regardless of the manifesto.

I agree.

Twas ever thus
Friday 26 October 2018 8.40am
Thebunhouse wrote:
I would much rather have Kate Hoey, an independent figure, who fights for her causes and Labour than a puppet of Momentum which is what we could get.
This is not about Kate, Brexit, or the electorate. It is about seizing control of the Labour Party
Absolutely
Friday 26 October 2018 12.13pm
Paramount wrote:
Thebunhouse wrote:
I would much rather have Kate Hoey, an independent figure, who fights for her causes and Labour than a puppet of Momentum which is what we could get.
This is not about Kate, Brexit, or the electorate. It is about seizing control of the Labour Party
Absolutely

Independent? She's strapped to the bow of the Brexitanic, heading for the iceberg.
Friday 26 October 2018 3.10pm
And did the bows of the Titanic go down last following the remain-der to the bottom?
Saturday 27 October 2018 1.30pm
Remember Remember not just the 5th of November that GB has only been in the club for 40 years not 1000s of years of glorious British independent sovreign history and quality culture. Dare to be a Daniel as Benn would say or Keep righg on to the end of the road Jack Jones excTUC leader n Pensioners champion
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 4 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions