London SE1 community website

Kate Hoey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 7 of 8
Saturday 30 March 2019 12.18am
I wonder if he will show more integrity than Kate Hoey.
Monday 8 July 2019 3.11pm
And, having nearly achieved taking our rights away and voted to support a Tory government, Kate Hoey's off - https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/08/pro-brexit-labour-mp-kate-hoey-to-stand-down-at-next-election

Let's hope the Vauxhall CLP can find someone who better represents their consituents' interests and Labour values for the next election.
Monday 8 July 2019 4.53pm
So, it appears to me that Laura Parker will be the next PPC for Labour in Vauxhall.

However hard Momentum and Laura Parker try I do believe they might lose the election if the Lib/Dems and the Greens come to an arrangement with the Greens standing down to allow a clear run for the Lib/Dems.

Unfortunately the electorate may have forgotten 'The Coalition" and all the damage that has ensued from the inept- self serving- anything for a whiff of power selfishness that was displayed by the Lib/Dems for those five years.

I hope not.
Monday 8 July 2019 6.27pm
Finally some good news!
Monday 8 July 2019 9.39pm
She jumped before she was pushed: now that the realities of Brexit (a cause she made her own and campaigned for side-by-side with Farage) are dawning on her constituents, she wants to avoid a humiliating deselection...

Monday 8 July 2019 11.12pm
A delightful lady... A BREXIT supporter back to Tony Benn's day...probably..she is of a general retiring age so had enough of them all...and I don't blame her one little bit..!!!Thank you Kate for your service...a prophet is not without honour except in his own country..etc...hope she has a big party though.

Cotswolds 12
Tuesday 9 July 2019 11.19pm
Hard to find a politician with less integrity. It was always Hoey First. Good riddance.
Wednesday 10 July 2019 4.57pm
I don't agree with Kate on Brexit but she has been an outstanding constituency MP working hard with community groups of all shapes and sizes. She will be very much missed.
Thursday 11 July 2019 10.50am
For thirty years I, like the majority of Kate Hoey's constituents, have voted for her in every General Election she has fought, and won, in Vauxhall including the 2017 GE by an increased majority even though Vauxhall is a Remain constituency
She has been one of the most prominent Brexiteers without the ERG and formed the unholy alliance with Farage. An alliance I pleaded with her to distance herself from, he being such a duplicitous and untrustworthy man.
Like the majority of her electorate I am a Remainer but that, in no way, could overule the fact that Kate is an exceptional MP, always ready to help and fight to the last for her constituents no matter what side of the political spectrum they came from.
She is of an age at which it is right and proper to retire from the hurly burly and ever increasing nastiness of Parliament and vindictiveness of local politics and more vocal members of the public.

I wish you well in your retirement Kate and thank you for all you have done for us in Vauxhall over the past thirty years.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 7 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions