London SE1 community website

Charles Dickens School, again

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 29 July 2018 10.48am
Unbelievable, or maybe not!!!!

Yet again, as soon as we get a break from the screaming teachers and kids, thereís blasted banging, scraping, hammering and all the other building works noises!

Thursday, I do believe it started at 7am!!!

Yesterday and especially today, itís still noisily going on. Really, those people running that school, truly donít have any respect for their neighbours.

If you donít beleive me, why donít you pop past lant street right now and youíll see/hear the building works.

No respite, no peace and quiet, no privacy in oneís home!

Grrrrrr
Sunday 29 July 2018 10.13pm
You have my sympathy. Noise and noisy people are everywhere. Itís not the day 2 day stuff, as someone once commented I was moaning about. Itís deliberate and unnecessary and inconsiderate noise. Myself and neighbours are now being subject every evening to feral children running amok in Rockingham street. The kids are 9 or 10 and should be in bed or at least indoors at 9.50pm, no? Where on earth are their parents? They just donít care. Itís so depressing.
Sunday 29 July 2018 11.36pm
rimby wrote:
Myself and neighbours are now being subject every evening to feral children running amok in Rockingham street.

What exactly makes these children"feral"? That's quite a heavy accusation. Where I live there are children making the most of the summer holidays and the warm weather. They play, they make noise. they are having fun. What is it the children in your case do that deserves to be called "running amok"?
Monday 30 July 2018 5.19pm
Bloggie wrote:
Unbelievable, or maybe not!!!!
Yet again, as soon as we get a break from the screaming teachers and kids, thereís blasted banging, scraping, hammering and all the other building works noises!

Thursday, I do believe it started at 7am!!!

Yesterday and especially today, itís still noisily going on. Really, those people running that school, truly donít have any respect for their neighbours.

If you donít beleive me, why donít you pop past lant street right now and youíll see/hear the building works.

No respite, no peace and quiet, no privacy in oneís home!

Grrrrrr

Southwark council doesn't allow construction on Sundays - details here, with details of how to report it and get it stopped.
Monday 30 July 2018 10.50pm
If you send me your email I shall send you a couple of videos. I too like children playing in summer hols and the sound of childrenís laughter. What Iím talking about is kids running amok, yanking branches off trees, screeching and screaming at 9.45 pm. Not an adult to be seen. Call me old fashioned but I think kids of 9 or 10 should be indoors at that time, not night after night disturbing the peaceful evenings of their neighbours.
Wednesday 1 August 2018 12.30pm
You can post those videos on here.
Thursday 2 August 2018 9.06am
I am suprised you suggest that videos of children should be posted on a public forum.

I would be even more suprised if James published them.
Thursday 2 August 2018 9.13am
Thebunhouse wrote:
I am suprised you suggest that videos of children should be posted on a public forum..

Within the context of the topic, whatever you infer from that says more about you than about me.
Thursday 2 August 2018 11.16pm
I videod my great granddaughters entertainment Christmas in her school on my old iPad ..not so much the twenty children mostly of my rand daughters excited face..or the magician. I wa rebuked by headmistress...I grovelled and said sorry. It's now policy of nurseries and schools apparently...no photos...or recording!
Friday 3 August 2018 11.20am
Jan the old one wrote:
I videod my great granddaughters entertainment Christmas in her school on my old iPad ..not so much the twenty children mostly of my rand daughters excited face..or the magician. I wa rebuked by headmistress...I grovelled and said sorry. It's now policy of nurseries and schools apparently...no photos...or recording!

So rimby is in trouble then...

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions