London SE1 community website

Noise in Nelson Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 21 September 2018 10.53pm
hydrometer wrote:
Zappomatic wrote:
rimby wrote:
What on earth is going on? I have just returned from a stroll around the Elephant and wanted to check out the new restaurant at the back of Sainsbury's. To my horror I encountered two/three groups of 80-100 extremely loud drunks getting pissed with tinnies in the sq. It felt very intimidating. Unsurprisingly the restaurant was completely empty, not a soul. One group of around 20 was 2 metres from the restaurant. They appeared not to know what to do and mentioned something about ‘security’ of which there appeared to be none. I’ll give it a month unless the sq is cleaned up. Really depressing.

I passed through the square last night at about 7.30pm and all was quiet and peaceful, and the restaurant was still empty. Probably because they don't have any signage bar some generic stock food imagery on one of the windows?

Sorry to ask, but what new restaurant are you referring to ?

At Elephant & Castle, at the base of the building that also contains Sainsbury’s.
Saturday 22 September 2018 12.44am
Zappomatic wrote:
hydrometer wrote:
Zappomatic wrote:
rimby wrote:
What on earth is going on? I have just returned from a stroll around the Elephant and wanted to check out the new restaurant at the back of Sainsbury's. To my horror I encountered two/three groups of 80-100 extremely loud drunks getting pissed with tinnies in the sq. It felt very intimidating. Unsurprisingly the restaurant was completely empty, not a soul. One group of around 20 was 2 metres from the restaurant. They appeared not to know what to do and mentioned something about ‘security’ of which there appeared to be none. I’ll give it a month unless the sq is cleaned up. Really depressing.

I passed through the square last night at about 7.30pm and all was quiet and peaceful, and the restaurant was still empty. Probably because they don't have any signage bar some generic stock food imagery on one of the windows?

Sorry to ask, but what new restaurant are you referring to ?

At Elephant & Castle, at the base of the building that also contains Sainsbury’s.

The restaurant's name is Tupi.

The square itself is private property, and it should be up to the owners to provide security, and call the police if they are unable to control the many street drinkers, dope smokers, and skateboarders who use it.

Personally, I have seen these people there, but have never witnessed any trouble, and feel safe walking though it.
TTT
Saturday 22 September 2018 8.47am
Why not come to the summer party today - Pete Osborne from the Met Police, and members of the Safer Neighbourhood Team are coming, we can raise the noise issues directly with them rather than being on hold with 101.

12-noon, Nelson Square (nelsonsquare.org)
Sunday 23 September 2018 8.38pm
Am I missing the point here but are there two Nelson Squares in SE1? I regularly cut through the one near Blackfriars Road and Union Street and it's often full of teenagers making all kinds of racket. Is this where you are referring to TTT
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions