London SE1 community website

191 Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 17 August 2018 9.50am
Does anyone know what this building is going to be? Recently been painted black and had new windows across the ground floor. It's next to Pizzaro.
Sunday 19 August 2018 7.17am
My mate's wife's hairdresser said it is going to be a Korean restaurant.

*taps nose* in the know
Tee
Tuesday 21 August 2018 8.00am
Great, another restaurant. More bins, more noise, more people.
Tuesday 21 August 2018 9.56am
Great, another restaurant! Look forward to having a Korean place locally

Bermondsey Street is very much an entertainment area first, those lucky enough to live very close by would not be surprised there are restaurants, people and noise
Tuesday 21 August 2018 2.53pm
Sounds great hope itís true
Tuesday 21 August 2018 3.35pm
Tee wrote:
Great, another restaurant. More bins, more noise, more people.
Maybe you'd prefer to live somewhere without such amenities that people might enjoy?
djm
Tuesday 21 August 2018 8.27pm
Why would you live in Zone 1 London if you can't stand noise and people? I just don't get it, are you forced to stay here against your will or something?

Great to hear another restaurant launching, hopefully something independent will take the place of Via Bermondsey too.
Tee
Wednesday 22 August 2018 8.19am
lucysalisbury wrote:
Bermondsey Street is very much an entertainment area first, those lucky enough to live very close by would not be surprised there are restaurants, people and noise

It didn't used to be. When I first moved here, it was pretty peaceful, with only a few restaurants & Delis and the Woolpack. With the influx of new builds and offices in the area, the population has swelled, along with the noise. I think i'm perfectly entitled to a moan, thank you.
Thursday 23 August 2018 8.51am
Tee wrote:
lucysalisbury wrote:

It didn't used to be. When I first moved here, it was pretty peaceful, with only a few restaurants & Delis and the Woolpack. With the influx of new builds and offices in the area, the population has swelled, along with the noise. I think i'm perfectly entitled to a moan, thank you.

You live in central London. Zone 1. What did you think would happen? Move if you dislike it so much. Majority of the people in the area welcome independent additions like this.

Great for the local community and great for Bermondsey Street to have a Korean option.
Thursday 23 August 2018 9.35am
Goldry, et al, you don't speak for the "local community" and can't make assertions like "[the] majority of people in the area welcome independent additions like this". It is unfortunate, but this forum and the views expressed hereon certainly aren't representative of the "local community" either.

Tee, you are entitled to a moan!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions