London SE1 community website

191 Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Sunday 26 August 2018 6.05pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Jules62 wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Thebunhouse wrote:
I agree Edward. When I venture out early on a Sunday morning it feels as though I have regained ownership of my city. The air seems fresher, it's very quiet, so quiet one can hear the approach of individual cars from about 100 yards and generally the odd individual one sees nods and smiles and occasionally greets one with a cheery 'Good morning'.
The streets haven't been turned into the suburban weekend car park and the frantic pace which will follow from about 11-12 am hasn't developed. But it will and that is the time to return home, have a late breakfast and enjoy the newspapers.

That is quite poetic, in an urban way.

On a Sunday morning, it's kind of like the film 28 Days later...

I mean specifically the City of London.

If you watch the whole video I posted (running at 2'41", it's not that long), you will 'specifically' see the City of London at 1'56"...
Sunday 26 August 2018 9.51pm
Jules62 wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Jules62 wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Thebunhouse wrote:
I agree Edward. When I venture out early on a Sunday morning it feels as though I have regained ownership of my city. The air seems fresher, it's very quiet, so quiet one can hear the approach of individual cars from about 100 yards and generally the odd individual one sees nods and smiles and occasionally greets one with a cheery 'Good morning'.
The streets haven't been turned into the suburban weekend car park and the frantic pace which will follow from about 11-12 am hasn't developed. But it will and that is the time to return home, have a late breakfast and enjoy the newspapers.

If you watch the whole video I posted (running at 2'41", it's not that long), you will 'specifically' see the City of London at 1'56"...

Erm, most of that video is of streets covered in litter etc. In the bit filmed in the City (before it goes to ads at 2'14" btw), the streets are empty and relatively clean, so I don't know what you're trying to say.
Monday 27 August 2018 8.00am
Jules62 wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Jules62 wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Thebunhouse wrote:

Monday 27 August 2018 2.42pm
1) I love Korean food, so I hope my source is correct.

2) Personally I wouldn't want to live on Bermondsey Street, just as I wouldn't want to live on Loughton High Rd- traffic, existing businesses (pubs etc), but I wouldn't move to those places and then be surprised about noise. I live in Shad Thames and that's not exactly silent.

3) I also enjoy being up early at the weekend (7am) to walk my dog along the river. Not a soul around and very relaxing. More fun in July than it is in December though!

4) Everyone is entitled to a moan if they so wish.
Wednesday 29 August 2018 2.41pm
Just glad that building is finally going to be in use. It's looked so sad boarded up for so many years. Something other than another restaurant would be a novelty on Bermondsey St these days, but it's better it's occupied than not, I reckon. Just wish someone would bring Via Bermondsey premises back to life.
Sunday 3 February 2019 7.20am
I havenít seen much activity here recently and such a shame to see this and Via both empty (although Via now under offer).

Nick - any news on the proposed Korean restaurant in 191? Would be an excellent addition to the area.
Monday 4 February 2019 5.30am
Iíve not heard anything. Iíll have to ask my mateís wife to go and get her hair cut to see what she can find out!

Itís a tough climate for restaurants ATM so I wonder if that has set things back?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions