London SE1 community website

New mail record for SE1 ??

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 5 September 2018 1.23pm
lived in SE1 for over 12 years now , and have always had mail issues (looking on this forum there is a variety of threads about issues with mail )

Best one for me so far ...

A school friend i have not seen for 30 years + always sends me a xmas card - didnt get one last xmas , then yesterday she sends me a message on facebook asking if i had moved as the xmas card she sent me on 1/12/17 just got returned to her with a note that "address not found" - my block of flats is around 80 years old !!!
Thursday 6 September 2018 5.33pm
With regard the post has anyone else noted it seems to be getting a bit random these days? Deliveries not made till late afternoon and none at all for several days in a row and I'm expecting a lot of late, plus a wrongly delivered birthday card. Is this the start of Christmas preparations I wonder?
Monday 10 September 2018 12.41pm
Have thought exactly the same thing, Tolstoy. Our block has no post at all (all flats, apparently) on a couple of days the last few weeks. We've also had letters and a parcel addressed to other flats in the same building randomly put in with ours. I, too, am waiting on some pretty important correspondence at the mo and am quite worried it's sitting in the wrong post box.

I've put in an online complaint to Royal Mail today, but fear something may be going wrong at the sorting office.
Monday 10 September 2018 1.13pm
Someone put parcels through my door at 7pm Saturday evening so something is going on and yes, one appears to have gone astray.
Monday 17 September 2018 12.00pm
I had a bundle of post put through my letterbox on Saturday. It had clearly been stock piled.
Tuesday 18 September 2018 10.15pm
New credit card has been in post for 2 weeks now... cancelled it yesterday.
Saturday 22 September 2018 1.18pm
There are a couple of guys stealing post in the vicinity of Bermondsey street / Tanner St. They follow the postman and residents into entrance lobbies and then remove post from the letter boxes. Three sets of residents in our block have had major ID theft following the interception of new Bank cards. They then apply from driving licences, set up new credit cards and open mobile phone accounts. It is very organised and intense when it gets going. We have clear pics and video of the guys that are doing this, police have been informed. Our managing agent told us the same guys had been tailgating the cleaners in other blocks as well. They turn up immediately after then postman has been. If you havenít received your new Bank cards, suggest you call your bank immediately.
Tuesday 25 September 2018 8.25am
I suggest you look at the other posts and very long threads on here 'hate to post it but the post' etc.
The post system via Mandela Way is chaotic at the best and with out doubt had a fluctuating criminal element. No amount of police intervention or various MPs or media exposure makes any long lasting difference. The Royal Mail head office know this and have done for years but do nothing.

In that I get all parcels and all important letters sent recorded to a post office - this costs me 70 p a time to collect and I should not have to do that but the alternative is having many items stolen via the Royal Mail ( some still goes missing BtW)
Tuesday 25 September 2018 2.26pm
i mostly get any deliveries e.g. amazon/ebay etc sent to my work address in east london , rather than risk it going missing whilst en route to my home address in SE1 !!!

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions