London SE1 community website

Crazed cyclist attacks car in Marshalsea Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 24 October 2018 4.36pm
Today's Metro has posted footage of a road rage attack by a cyclist on a car in September

I was hoping a forum reader might recognise this thug

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/24/cyclist-uses-bike-to-scratch-up-56000-limousine-in-london-cycle-rage-attack-8070750/

Thanks

Nick
Wednesday 24 October 2018 9.51pm
'thug'? The driver or the cyclist?
As pathetic as each other, imo.
Wednesday 24 October 2018 10.40pm
Hmm that seemed more disgruntled than crazed. Uncivilised certainly.
Wednesday 24 October 2018 10.47pm
Ah there's a video showing it from earlier at the Borough High Street junction. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/moment-cyclist-smashes-56000-mercedes-with-his-bike-in-road-rage-fury-a3970106.html?fbclid=IwAR2pNRDtV1GlFMib3PbhIzzKoJq0KL3Hqb-cSgKSqgSQjlwSeVmDei4b5gk

Wouldn't say the driver was exactly blameless: they both appear to be idiots.
Thursday 25 October 2018 12.28am
They're as bad as each other.

A so called professional driver who decides to use a left turn lane to go straight on, then coming within a metre or two of the back wheel of the bicycle, then engaging in a verbal argument through the window with the cyclist while on the move. That is three highway code violations in under 200 yards.

The cyclist has been more hot headed and has damaged property but never actually endangered anyone.
Thursday 25 October 2018 11.27am
Colinio wrote:
They're as bad as each other.
A so called professional driver who decides to use a left turn lane to go straight on, then coming within a metre or two of the back wheel of the bicycle, then engaging in a verbal argument through the window with the cyclist while on the move. That is three highway code violations in under 200 yards.

The cyclist has been more hot headed and has damaged property but never actually endangered anyone.

The cyclist might get the heavier fine though.
Thursday 25 October 2018 10.29pm
Havenít watched the video. Just wanted to point out that a left turn arrow on the road is NOT mandatory. Itís advisory.
Of course, you have to take into account that people will probably expect you to be turning left, so going straight on without any regard for other traffic is poor behaviour.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 26 October 2018 6.42pm
Saturday 27 October 2018 7.00am
I'm a former driver, former cyclist. currently a pedestrian (in my 70s) but to me this is about anger. Living in the inner city (close to the E&C) I've noticed how anger seems to flare up so easily (and I include myself in that sometimes!) Maybe we need to address this as much as we look at the "rights" of everyone trying to live in what is often a stressful climate.
Sunday 28 October 2018 12.17am
Colinio wrote:

He didnít endanger anyone, agreed, but does that gives him a free pass to cause £1500 worth of damage?, (according to The Standard).
I can hear the chorus now, ďTom Pepper WOULD say that, he was a Black Cab driver, wasnít he?Ē
ďI bet HE got in that left turn lane, and went straight across into Marshalsea Rd.Ē
Not much he didnít, him and any driver who regularly drives around inner London, Black Cab, van, car, motorcycle, whatever.
Itís all part of getting around our Metropolis, just try your hardest to not upset too many others, and above all, pull back if you think thereís a chance of sustaining damage to the Black money box.

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions