London SE1 community website

Looking for good mechanic or garage

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 10 November 2018 6.19pm
Hi everyone,

I have water in my spare wheel well of my VW Golf SV. Can anyone recommend a good mechanic or garage.

Also interested to hear if anyone has experienced anything similar.

Many thanks!
Monday 12 November 2018 11.41am
https://www.pit-stopmotorrepairs.co.uk/
Matt does all our car work (inc MOT's) and we've always been very happy
Tuesday 13 November 2018 8.01am
I would recommend General Autos in Arch 67A, next to 171 Abbey St SE1 3GR tel 020 7237 3444. Very good repairs and MOT.
Wednesday 14 November 2018 11.11am
Thank you so much for the recommendations. Much appreciated!
drj
Thursday 15 November 2018 12.14am
I'd recommend John who's now running Millenium City Garages... new owner - new ways - and great service.

He's video'd issues to show me what was going on - and will happily take 5 mins to talk me through what needed doing.
Thursday 6 December 2018 10.29am
I used Millennium Garage again yesterday and can only say that I am delighted with the service and the cost which was more than reasonable.
John, the working owner, who acted as receptionist as well as mechanic, looked at the things I had slight concerns about such as the pollen filter sealing and the condition of the battery. He showed the lack of sealing and then got his magic machine to test the battery. He walked and talked me through the condition of the battery, which, as I suspected, was not performing as well as one would like and would probably struggle to start the car after a freezing night.
So it was agreed those two things should be attended to and a service and MOT (now done on the premises). All done by the time arranged and as I said at a reasonable cost.
John advised me on things that might need attention in the next six months like wear on the clutch but made no attempt to get me to have those advisory things done by him ( the advice came from John not the MOT which the car passed with flying colours)
I think you can tell that I am enthusiastic about a local garage which is welcoming and where they talk you through the work that is needed , do that work at a reasonable price and on time..

I am in no way associated with Millennium other than being a totally satisfied customer.

Millenium Garage will be my first port of call for my car in future.
Friday 7 December 2018 10.08am
Thanks for the these posts. I was hesitant to go back to Millenium even though it is very convenient. I will give John a try.

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions