London SE1 community website

Marble installation on Mint Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 10 December 2018 10.44am
I've been away fro awhile so was interested to take a look at this and was rather shocked by its appearance. If you're going to experiment with local streets at least have the decency to weatherproof it properly. It's looking pretty shoddy in what I take to be a fairly short space of time. A resin coating would have stopped it looking so cheap so quickly.
Related news & features
Monday 10 December 2018 5.00pm
And its slippery to walk on, when wet..
Monday 10 December 2018 10.23pm
It's embarrassing. Ugly, incongruous, and not even centred in the road very well. Laudable motives, perhaps, but it's embarrassing.
Tuesday 11 December 2018 8.51am
I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt with regard centering as it looked to be so from one end, but decided it was just a shoddy job. It's uneven arrangement also suggests a trip hazard. Is this the level of training for architects these days?
Tuesday 11 December 2018 9.08am
Sorry 'designer', not architect.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions