London SE1 community website

Filming in Snowsfields on Sunday - & Parking

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 8 February 2019 10.05pm
Hi everyone

Dies anyone know what film is being filmed arounds Snowsfields/Guinness trust building on Sunday as all the parking bays in the surrounding areas have been suspended and I don’t know where I can park my car without getting a ticket.

I am furious and will be letting the film crew know when I see them but in the mean time where are all the residents supposed to park. We have not been offered alternative parking and no details regarding what’s going on.
Saturday 9 February 2019 9.48am
I know there's filming next week for 'Pennyworth', a Netflix tv series which has already used Roupel St as a location as reported by James. The usual procedure is to inform locals most affected by the mayhem that ensues when a film crew turns up.
Saturday 9 February 2019 8.30pm
Thank you, there was no notice to residents and no alternative parking when I spoke to the location manager today. He did offer one section of the street which had parking suspension to any residents as he said they did not need this now.
Very disorganised and frankly I’m getting fed up with these film crews and Southwark council who are making money and leaving residents no where to park. Will be complaining to the council on Monday.
Sunday 10 February 2019 11.21am
This won’t resolve the issue of the parking, but for those curious as to what film is being recorded it is “Last Christmas” (saw the title on the various vans and lorries this morning as I walked past):

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt8623904/
Sunday 10 February 2019 12.39pm
Surprised to read of your problems, Se1 girl. Living in a street where we get three or four filming sessions or more taking place each year, often quite major operations, I've been impressed how efficiently the council's Film Office usually handle them. Usually a polite letter from the film company through everyone's letterbox well in advance, negotiations with our residents association (including a donation for the inconvenience), allocation of alternative parking by the Council (with a note to each resident informing them), a detailed timetable, request not to turn on the electric lights in the front window when the film is set in 1815 etc.

Certainly worth you complaining to the Southwark Film Office in this case!

Southwark claims to host 1500 days of filming a year, but the Film Office website doesn't seem to provide a public list of current and future filming arrangements.

See https://www.southwark.gov.uk/events-culture-and-heritage/filming-in-southwark/film-and-photography-permissions
Monday 11 February 2019 2.51pm
My son and I are about to make a formal complaint to Southwark Council.

We are sick and tired of how often our bays get taken over by either filming or works talking far too long.

I believe we should get refunded for the days when we cannot park our cars.

There is nowhere else to park as you rightly state. It's infuriating.
Monday 11 February 2019 2.54pm
Adding to se1 girl..... last year when my son parked on a bay which the film crew said they no longer needed, a traffic warden issued him a ticket!!! Despite being told it wasn't needed.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions