London SE1 community website

Project fear reaches SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Wednesday 27 February 2019 10.17am
Message removed
Related news & features
Wednesday 27 February 2019 4.16pm
faraday wrote:
Borough Market Traders at risk ...
https://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/9849

"the very real prospect of ... being destroyed almost overnight"

Considering the fact-free noise coming from the chair of trustees I suggest that Brexit is the least of Borough Markets worries.

What ever happened to the ones who followed Chicken Little?

Faraday

Given a choice between Chicken Little and the turkeys who voted for Christmas, I'll believe the chickens every time.
Wednesday 27 February 2019 5.30pm
faraday wrote:
Borough Market Traders at risk ...
https://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/9849

"the very real prospect of ... being destroyed almost overnight"

Considering the fact-free noise coming from the chair of trustees I suggest that Brexit is the least of Borough Markets worries.

What ever happened to the ones who followed Chicken Little?

Faraday

Just calling these kinds of raised issues "project fear" and "fact free" doesn't really prove the the chair of trustees wrong and you right, does it. Anyway, the total lack of any Brexit plan is absolutely laughable, as is the Leavers' lack of anything of substances to counter "project fear" or "fact free" concerns raised by people whose responsibilities are actually and directly affected by Brexit.
Sunday 3 March 2019 9.21pm
Get us out of this horrid EU - love Europe canít stand EU
Monday 4 March 2019 7.22am
Absolutely. Make dual citizenship count for something.
Tuesday 5 March 2019 9.19am
What is horrid about the EU?
Tuesday 5 March 2019 10.42am
Itís some of the more obnoxious leavers that try and scare people with ballardian no deal scenarios. No deal of course means a total failure.
Tuesday 5 March 2019 6.14pm
eDWaRD , I usually get the gist of your argument but your last epistle has hurt my brain more than somewhat. Can you give me an example of a ballardian no deal scenario ?
Tuesday 5 March 2019 9.25pm
tone wrote:
eDWaRD , I usually get the gist of your argument but your last epistle has hurt my brain more than somewhat. Can you give me an example of a ballardian no deal scenario ?
s

Sure. Imagine Concrete Island as Brexit and Robert Maitland as the UK.
Tuesday 5 March 2019 10.49pm
eDWaRD , thanks for that example. Albeit late in the day and knowing zilch about the book I look at a brief synopsis of it. Do not know the ending but from what you appear to conclude I am never able to visit USA again if we leave EU. Furthermore,Mr Ballard is no doubt a fine writer but looks somewhat heavy for my liking. I am sticking with Runyon's Broadway ...requires less brain food
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions