London SE1 community website

Project fear reaches SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6
Tuesday 26 March 2019 1.35pm
faraday wrote:
Yeah Jules ... lets go OT and have a musical interlude.
The Clash - they were OK especially in London .. e.g. London Calling

However I think that the Sex Pistols said it better and were more inclusive when they released the immortal song:

"This is England"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROj_1R36lX0

Q the troll 3 ... 2 ... 1...

Faraday

That link is for "This is England " by the Clash.
Tuesday 26 March 2019 3.20pm
Message removed
Tuesday 26 March 2019 4.13pm
faraday wrote:
Thanks Mr Lastword,
You are correct ... nice to know you are paying attention to my contributions.

Good song isnt it!

Im sure you are playing it full volume as I type.

Faraday

Nah. It's from a record that I do not consider to be a Clash album.
Tuesday 26 March 2019 5.11pm
Careful lads. Mr Jimmy Hatband and his team might consider that this thread has moved from a fearful project to a Social/Chatter category and switch it accordingly

Take look at Music Tiny Desk on YouTube if a combo of literature and music is your bag
Tuesday 26 March 2019 8.58pm
Anyway, looks like the concerns raised are having an effect, for the moment anyway, with Brexit possibly delayed.
Friday 29 March 2019 5.24pm
Paramount wrote:
Crack open the champagne on Friday 29th and celebrate with the spirits of Enoch Powell and Tony Benn!.! Viva Great Britain history and heritage!!

Happy Brexitday, Paramount. I hope your champagne doesn't go flat before 'der Tag' actually arrives.
Saturday 30 March 2019 6.34am
I usually like reading the postings on this forum and find them useful and sometimes amusing, but I'm tired of this ongoing thread which could last months (or years). I suspect that those continuing this particular discussion (argument) are probably enjoying it but I think it started with something to do with re-development in SE1 and has now become something else. Am I the only one? Maybe I should just not read messages with this heading ? I'm saddened by the deep divisions which Brexit has fostered and have usually looked to this Forum to read/contemplate/think about other issues.
Saturday 30 March 2019 8.55am
Alberta Ally wrote:
I usually like reading the postings on this forum and find them useful and sometimes amusing, but I'm tired of this ongoing thread which could last months (or years). I suspect that those continuing this particular discussion (argument) are probably enjoying it but I think it started with something to do with re-development in SE1 and has now become something else. Am I the only one? Maybe I should just not read messages with this heading ? I'm saddened by the deep divisions which Brexit has fostered and have usually looked to this Forum to read/contemplate/think about other issues.

I am sorry it saddens you, but this thread is relevant to SE1 (Borough Market) and the impact may/may not have. People are entitled to discuss this, in my opinion. It is normal for these kinds of exchanges to become a little heated or go off topic, but that is what we have moderation for. Also, it's only one topic among many that are being discussed on this site, it's not as if SE1 is hi jacked by Brexit, no?
Saturday 30 March 2019 9.43am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Alberta Ally wrote:

I am sorry it saddens you, but this thread is relevant to SE1 (Borough Market) and the impact may/may not have. People are entitled to discuss this, in my opinion. It is normal for these kinds of exchanges to become a little heated or go off topic, but that is what we have moderation for. Also, it's only one topic among many that are being discussed on this site, it's not as if SE1 is hi jacked by Brexit, no?

* should be "and the impact Brexit may/may not have"
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions