London SE1 community website

Tesco Elephant and Castle closed?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Saturday 23 March 2019 4.40pm
Does anyone know why the Elephant shopping centre tesco has been closed for the last few days?
Saturday 23 March 2019 9.32pm
Looking through the plate glass front, I spotted people wearing white disposable boilers suits, similar to those featured in CSI.

Today, many leafltes and poster have peen placed against the glass, making it harder (but not impossible) than it was to monitor what is going on inside

I am guessing that the problem is a pest control issue: many times I have spotted mice darting form the underside of one aisle to that of another.

Perhaps our SE1 sleuth, James, can get some better info on this?
Sunday 24 March 2019 8.55am
Heard they had rats. The shop had to be cleared and washed.
Monday 25 March 2019 10.47pm
Tesco won't say what's happening, and the council say they haven't taken action. Tonight I saw a mouse caught in a glue trap in the bread aisle:
https://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/9879

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 30 March 2019 2.48pm
Tesco Metro Covent Garden was closed for ages... hygiene issues
Incidentally re Tesco Express The Cut... bought a same day date fish product. They had not reduced the price and had 3 left at 9pm showing full price of nearly five pounds.... so beware and don't be afraid to bring anomalies to Management attention

Cotswolds 12
Wednesday 3 April 2019 10.56am
Is it still closed?
Wednesday 3 April 2019 2.20pm
williamn wrote:
Is it still closed?

Another source on social media has reported they are still closed
Thursday 4 April 2019 1.25pm
Has it opened yet?
Thursday 4 April 2019 1.32pm
No, still closed

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 5 April 2019 9.35am
3 weeks sounds a lot for an infestation problem. Could it be the refrigeration units that do not work? I can't imagine the loss of earnings... Sainsbury and Iceland must be laughing all the way to the bank...
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions