London SE1 community website

Vinegar Yard Market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 24 March 2019 2.33pm
While I welcome the new Vinegar Yard market/food/drink complex (for want of a better description) and actually think it's quite well done, is anyone else disturbed by the constant music? The've got loudspeakers on stands and have played music until 11pm every night since it started on Thursday 21st. They play it during the day too which means there's little escape for me if I want to relax at home. If anyone else finds this a problem I'd like to hear from you as I know from experience that if we team up we are taken a lot more serious with our concerns.
Monday 25 March 2019 12.11am
Dear Bluechrissy,
I do not welcome this. I can not believe the Vinegar Yard has just appeared with no consultation from the residents that live in this area. We have a number of resturants and drinking outlets on Bermondsey Street, Tooley Street and afew restaurants on Snowsfields where seating outside is encouraged.
This will bring more people, more noise and the music being played until 11pm is unacceptable. If anyone knows where a formal complaint can be made please post.
Monday 25 March 2019 9.07am
Hi Se1 girl,

I also cannot believe that it has just been thrust upon us without any consultation or even a word of warning. The first I knew about it was when it was actually there. I'm so glad you also think the music is unaccaptable: there's no way I can survive until their stated end which is November. I've begun to feel trembly inside after 4 full days of music with almost no respite. And last night I went out to eat with my husband and on the way back I started to feel panicky at the prospect of returning home to more music. Sure enough at 9pm it was still going strong. We should nip this in the bud else I'll have a nervous breakdown. Please email all of the below with your complaints.

Owners and management:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Southwark Council Noise Team
[email protected]

Landowner/Developer that has allowed this on their property:
[email protected]

Se1 girl if you write then that's you, me and one other person I know that is complaining. That's a good start. If anyone else writes please let me know so we can keep track and. hopefully form some kind of momentum.

BlueChrissy
Wednesday 27 March 2019 5.09pm
Thanks Bluechrissy,
I have complained to the email addresses suggested and I hope more people join us.
SE1 Girl
Wednesday 27 March 2019 9.24pm
great!

Would you like to join an informal group of residents for addressing problems such as these? If so please write to me at [email protected] (even if you don't live on Melior Street).

Thanks.
Wednesday 27 March 2019 10.39pm
Update:

Vinegar Yard management have responded to my complaints and are keen to accommodate neighbours concerns regarding the music. They have offered to meet concerned residents as group. If you would like to be involved please email [email protected]

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions