London SE1 community website

Ocean Diva - Europeís biggest party boat

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 7 June 2019 6.31pm
I do not support this but I guess they will do what the tugs with barges heading for the City rubbish station next to Swan Lane. They continue up river and turn between Blackfriars and Waterloo bridges Always when the tide is coming in.

I canít work out the height of this boat but it may have difficulties under Blackfriars on Spring tides. Some of the current boats get caught.

I donít think it should be allowed beyond the Pool.
Saturday 8 June 2019 8.30pm
Big boat in narrow space...another Incident on water just like it's possible on the Thames...Bowbelle 2?
Tuesday 23 July 2019 2.17pm
Up until August 2, there is still time to object to the Ocean Diva - the City of London has reopened this application for consultation after new documents were submitted in defence of the project to rebuild Swan Lane Pier (by London Bridge) for the Ocean Diva, which is joint-funding the project.

But the new documents are contradictory and lacking in transparency. The case remains that the pier is to bring Europe's biggest party boat here. And the navigational plan is for the 282 vessel to go BACKWARDS under London Bridge to berth at Swan Lane Pier. The payload of passengers is 1500. The noise testing was done not on the Thames but in Amsterdam. The boat was presented as diesel electric. But since the press outed it in April the owners have been saying that it is electric. There is, however, no substantiation of that and no existing infrastructure to charge a boat that size.

This boat is bigger than many buildings. It will disrupt protected views. If allowed in, will change the Thames forever, setting a precedent for megaparty boats.

There is also the issue of safety, especially in focus at the moment after the accidents in Budapest and Venice. Metropolitan waterways are not designed for monster boats like the Ocean Diva.

However, it is important to object on valid planning grounds.

The quick way to object is this:
email to
[email protected]
Regarding 19/00116/FULL

BODY TEXT Ö something along these lines in your own words would help
I wish to object to this application. The new documents, both contradictory and lacking in transparency, do not address the full impact of the Ocean Diva and fail to mitigate the issues of air quality, crowd control, highways congestion, emergency provision, noise pollution or light pollution.

Therefore this application still fails to comply with the London Plan, as stated by the GLA in its report of 1.7.19.

NAME
ADDRESS

If you would like more information about the Ocean Diva please email me at [email protected]
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions