London SE1 community website

Trying to understand..

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 18 April 2019 4.11pm
Something I wish to understand.

Quickly passing by - I fancied a pint & thereís a Weatherspoons near Elephant & Castle.

Iíve had a pint every few months there when near by the area and they have allowed me to bring my dog into the pub - carried & sit outside.

The outside area is a public space which my council tax pays for the maintenance - cleaning etc.

Weatherspoons - lease the space and have cordoned off an area.

I am now not allowed to buy a pint - stand on ďpublic owned spaceĒ outside Weatherspoons which as a resident I pay towards the maintenance & upkeep.

I donít understand it?.
Thursday 18 April 2019 6.25pm
Is it a by law to stop drinkers near there? I take your pint though...
Thursday 18 April 2019 6.27pm
Meant your point...not yor unavailable pint!
Thursday 18 April 2019 8.37pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Meant your point...not yor unavailable pint!

Smiling - no itís Weatherspoons Pilicy no dogs indoors or outdoors except they only lease the land. I guess put the dog one side of the barrier & me the other.
Friday 19 April 2019 10.29am
Doubly confused why you have to carry your dog into a pub anyway ? Dogs don't glass anyone, start fights,give evils to customers. And if they did it would be justified because they have sixth sense about people!
Saturday 20 April 2019 2.13pm
Agree :)
Saturday 20 April 2019 9.14pm
I find this quite sad. I love dogs and I like them in pubs. If Wetherspoons explanation had mentoned incidents of attacks on people I could begin to understand but 'some people are frightened' is balls.
https://news.sky.com/story/dogs-barred-from-wetherspoons-for-being-unpredictable-11493804

Though I would have thought their lease allows them to do this. People have a lease on a council home and you can't just walk in, with or without a dog. It's a lease.

Walked past the Miller on Snowsfields today and someone had their dog on the table, that people eat on. Like I say I love dogs but that's disgusting.

Anyway ljgiles, hope you find somewhere welcoming of you and your dog.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions