London SE1 community website

Webber street muggers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Tuesday 7 May 2019 11.54am
beetroot wrote:
I didn't expect you to join the fools but there you go.

Your choice of language makes you the fool.
Tuesday 7 May 2019 2.05pm
Ambulance workers are fantastic Beetroot your quite right. I don't blame them when people who are in need of urgent care pull their hospital alert alarm at home after having a fall and being unable to get up. Laying in a freezing tiled hallway, vomiting through the pain . She has a neurological condition also.

Last week she fell and there was a two hour plus wait on the floor her only contact with anyone was the help line pendant.
The ambulance people she will tell you are wonderful,kind and compassionate. She doesn't blame them for her wait, she saves her anger for the politicians and the morons who cut their fingers and call ambulance service.

The Police will always have detractors ( if that's the right word) sometimes critical comments are justified. I'm puzzled why you refer to them constantly as pigs? Were you unfairly treated by them? In the sixties there was a section that dealt with complaints, think it was called A10? May be wrong it was a long time ago.
Tuesday 7 May 2019 7.58pm
Getting back to the subject of this thread...

I live in Nelson Square and often see a youth riding around on a yellow bike, with a sidekick who rides a BMX. I know it's a long shot but maybe they are the muggers? Pay a visit to Nelson Square or the gardens behind Applegarth House and most evenings said yellow bike is there. I hope you catch whoever did this because surely these are the real 'pig's?!
Wednesday 8 May 2019 8.04pm
Thanks I'll take a look - I get the feeling the bikes not far away...
Thursday 9 May 2019 6.28am
it does sound like them 17/18 year old, one black and one mixed race, one yellow bike and one mountain bike...
Thursday 9 May 2019 5.49pm
martindx wrote:
it does sound like them 17/18 year old, one black and one mixed race, one yellow bike and one mountain bike...

Unfortunately mugging are happening all over Southwark at the moment. SE16 has been targeted over the last few weeks, police have been called but they donít arrive. Hope your son is okay.
Friday 10 May 2019 9.33pm
Jules62 wrote:

I'm not sure what point your trying to make.
We all know there are bad apples and they are rooted out.
Look at health care and the terrible things individual nurses or doctors have done but we don't blame every nurse or doctor for it.
Tuesday 14 May 2019 2.15pm
I haven't had time to look at this thread properly till now, but I'd just like to note that some of the terms used in this discussion I would prefer were not used on this forum.

I'm not going to go through the thread redacting things, but please exercise some restraint.

In particular I would say to beetroot that his arguments and experiences would (IMHO) carry more weight and credibility without the unnecessarily offensive language.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions