London SE1 community website

Marion Marples 1950-2019

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 7 May 2019 12.57pm
My sincere condolences.
Related news & features
Tuesday 7 May 2019 2.48pm
James to just write sorry for your loss seems so...what can I say about one who is loved so dearly? And now is no longer with you.

She sounds a fascinating, kind compassionate lady. She took life By the Horns full tilt by the sound of it. So without your Mums input this wonderful site may not have existed...

I can normally waffle on forever James, as you know. But Condolences to you all.
Tuesday 7 May 2019 4.37pm
What a wonderful woman .
So terrible sorry for your loss James.
RIP Marion .
Tuesday 7 May 2019 6.02pm
I am so sorry for your loss James. From your article, it is clear that your mum led a very fulfilling life. What a great example of selflessness for the good of the community.
Wednesday 8 May 2019 6.09am
James and Leigh,
I met you both at the Bermondsey Festival last year but wish I'd met Marion too. What an amazing person and when living round here can be difficult at times, she clearly made a difference to our lives (as you and Leigh continue to do). What a legacy she left! And (speaking for myself but hopefully for others), please don't worry about any delays in the operation of the website. RIP Marion.
Wednesday 8 May 2019 10.29am
Sorry for your loss chaps
Wednesday 8 May 2019 10.53am
Definitely one of those people who has helped sustain the local community spirit and keep this area such a great place to live. Best way to mitigate the loss is to try to follow her example and of Marion it must be true that "to live in hearts we leave behind is not to die". Best wishes to Leigh and James and the enormous number of others who will suffer from this tragedy.
Wednesday 8 May 2019 10.59am
Dear James & Leigh
All of us at Southwark Charities were saddened to hear the news of Marion's death, and our thoughts and prayers are with you both at this sad time. It is a loss not just to her family but to the community as a whole, to which she was devoted; she will be sorely missed.
Chris Wilson
Wednesday 8 May 2019 12.32pm
Our paths crossed many times at community events and at the Cathedral - she was an exceptional person and I admired her very much. Such sad news.
Wednesday 8 May 2019 12.41pm
To Leigh and James,
My most heartfelt sympathies and condolences on your very sad loss.
Cllr Ian Wingfield
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions