London SE1 community website

Marion Marples 1950-2019

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Wednesday 8 May 2019 11.52am
Sincere condolences for your family loss, I've just read the news article on your mother in the SE1 news section and it's clear she was an amazing and inspirational woman who will be greatly missed by her family, and those whose lives she touched.
Wednesday 8 May 2019 5.24pm
Dear Leigh and James,
My friend Fiona Haughey has just forwarded SE1 newsletter with Marionís death announcement. You were, are, all such a huge support to so many around Southwark, and I appreciated the times you supported me as I know Colin appreciated you all too. As you know all too well, Marion was a tower of strength and wisdom.
Iím sad Iíve not seen you or her recently but I guess thatís how life is given. I hope I can do a tiny amount for this community in Wigginton though never up to Marionís example.
Strength and courage to you both. Thank you for all you do and did for and with Marion.
With love from Edith
and Colin in spirit.
Wednesday 8 May 2019 5.25pm
Dear Leigh and James,
My friend Fiona Haughey has just forwarded SE1 newsletter with Marioní death announcement. You were all such a huge support to so many around Southwark, and I appreciated the times you supported me as I know Colin appreciated you all too. As you know all too well, Marion was a tower of strength and wisdom.
Iím sad Iíve not seen you or her recently but I guess thatís how life is given. I hope I can do a tiny amount for this community in Wigginton though never up to Marionís example.
Strength and courage to you both. Thank you for all you do and did for and with Marion.
With love from Edith
and Colin in spirit.
Saturday 11 May 2019 4.01pm
Thank you everyone for your very kind messages.

Please excuse a lack of new material on the SE1 website for the time being, and slower than usual moderation of forum messages.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 14 May 2019 5.07pm
Dear Leigh and James,
So sorry to hear the sad news of Marion's sudden death. She will be a huge loss
to our local community and beyond of which she so devoutly served.
Peace and comfort to you and you family in this difficult time.
Wednesday 15 May 2019 7.30am
Dear James and Leigh

My deepest condolences on your loss. We will all really miss Marion and her immense contribution to the community and the church

Tim
Friday 17 May 2019 7.21pm
Thank you again to everyone for the many lovely messages on here and elsewhere.

Just wanted to share funeral details:

https://cathedral.southwark.anglican.org/about/news/funeral-for-marion-marples/

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions