London SE1 community website

Looking for info on Thorburn square area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 29 May 2019 1.56pm
Hello All,
I am looking into buying a property in the area of Thorburn square, and I was wondering if there any issues I need to be aware of. Any particular characteristics of the area that are not obvious from a few visits or a quick internet search that the locals could help me with. Is it safe? Are you aware of any break-ins in ground floor flats? Your help is hugely appreciated. I have lived for a short period of time a little further away towards London Bridge, so I am familiar with some other areas of Bermondsey. Thank you very much in advance!
Wednesday 29 May 2019 2.09pm
I'm sure it varies slightly depending on the street you are on but in general I find it safe & quiet. Good luck in your search !
Saturday 1 June 2019 10.42am
Longley Street is fabulous - when I moved in neighbours came round with flowers and know many by name - we have a summer and a christmas get together - and a collection if there is a death in the street. Really good mix of born and bred locals and newbies - with no obvious schisms. Have had petty crime over the years but no worse than anywhere in London. When wind is from the West you can hear Big Ben through the night (not currently as renovations).

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions