London SE1 community website

Council charges for garden waste

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Tuesday 2 July 2019 3.35pm
Thanks Baz and Otto for your helpful advice/updates. I drafted a longer message than this one but for some reason I couldn't access the forum to send it, so a rather quick reply. Stickers, the Council said, will be in the post to everyone by the end of this week. I hope so!
Tuesday 2 July 2019 4.43pm
I live in a small Council block and we have a brown bin that we use to clear the common garden. I am wondering if they are charging us for it? I am already doing the gardeners a favour by tending the garden for them, I am not paying for the bin on top of that... or they can pay me for the time spent doing their work!
Saturday 27 July 2019 5.51am
Apologies for returning to a thread (which I started several weeks ago) but is there anyone else out there who has still not received a sticker for their garden waste bin? I subscribed on 19 May but despite phoning Environmental Services regularly I'm still sticker-less. ~What a c***-up. Each time I'm told "it will be with you by the end of the week" or "we shall expedite this" but nothing! I now have a name and direct line phone number from someone who is trying to sort this out but she has told me is going on leave from 2 August. I've been told to put a note with my subscription number on my bin but I'm wasting so much time on these weekly phone calls resulting in empty promises.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions