London SE1 community website

Nelson Square Gardens

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 5 June 2019 11.15am
I was wondering if anyone knew what the shouting is all about on Sunday evenings?
It seem to only be on Sunday nights and has been going on for a couple of weeks.
Friday 7 June 2019 6.22pm
Hi Angel69, I hear it too as it does appear to be every Sunday evening now. There are a number of street dancers performing and practicing in the park near the table tennis space. It seems as if they challenge each other to free style, hence all the cheering and shouting. I’m not sure where they are from, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they are not connected to Studio 68 in Ewer Street.
Thursday 13 June 2019 11.17am
Thank you!!
Tuesday 16 July 2019 2.46pm
Just to clarify the students are indeed from Studio 68 in Ewer Street. There seems to be less activity on this front at the moment as I have been told posters are in place in the studio asking students not to congregate in Nelson Square.
Thursday 18 July 2019 11.52am
Thanks for the update ToyahB :)
Wednesday 24 July 2019 7.17am
A further update... visit behind Applegarth House any time between 3pm and 12pm for the nightly free dance show! Quick, call Ashley Banjo as there sure is some “talent” here! Although maybe not the type Banjo, Cowell and Walliams would give 250 grand to!!!

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions