London SE1 community website

Police GT Suffolk st, Blackfriars rd 18th June

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 19 June 2019 11.15am
Anyone know anything about the massive quantity of police (uniformed, under cover cars, riot van full, CCTV unit and an ambulance or two as well) at great suffolk street, pocock street and across Blackfriars road yesterday?

Must have been about 5, and still there at 6 when they seemed to be closing off great suffolk street just north of the junction with Webber street.
Wednesday 19 June 2019 1.47pm
Not sure what was happening but the police Helicopter was circling for a while and then hovered over what looked to be around pocock street
Friday 21 June 2019 10.59am
Nelson Square last night, heard a loud bang at around 00:45 looked outside and saw 4 police riot vans (not just the normal van) and around 4-5 undercover cars. An army of probably 40 riot police piled out of the block opposite without anyone in custody.

It seemed a bit heavy handed for the usual drug dealers etc. I doubt all of them could even fit in a single premises!
Friday 21 June 2019 5.22pm
So thatís what the noise was! I live in the said block and was woken around 12.30 by what I thought sounded like lots of people running down the stairwell.

I didnít dare venture out to look but couldnít see anything from my balcony. Iíve asked a few of the neighbours today, with most saying they didnít hear or see anything so I would be grateful if anyone could enlighten me. Many thanks in advance.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions