London SE1 community website

Pulse nightclub

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 23 June 2019 9.17am
Is anyone else living within sight / sound of Pulse having an issue with the noise? The all-nighters really are a bit of a pain. There were still people outside at 6am this morning, screaming, shouting and being generally very noisy. I'm not entirely sure why such late licences were ever approved by Southwark Council in the first place.
Related news & features
Friday 28 June 2019 10.34pm
Oh god, pour you. Where is this place?. Keep at the council and get your MP involved. I experienced something similar and know what itís like. Nightmare. I donít know why Southwark council allow these places in residential areas. Itís not on.
Saturday 29 June 2019 10.15am
I believe it is about to be closed down - and turned into luxury apartments. Exactly what this part of London needs...
Saturday 29 June 2019 6.48pm
Pulse is part of the COMMUNITY! When you bought your 'luxury' flat it was there! If you are unhappy then move, even with Brexit you should make a profit that is more than the annual salaries for 10 years of a person who is working in the area. Yes those invisible people who make your coffees, clean your toilets and clean up your puke on a night out drinking cocktails! The 'investors' in the development are from Malaysia and Singapore. Countries where you would be imprisoned for drinking cocktails, let alone snogging a man! They will 'invest' their illicit millions in 'luxury flats' that like ALL THE OTHERS will sit empty. Banks in the sky, to launder money! Happy Days welcome to the new improved Southwark. If you actually care a Frock for your neighbourhood petition your MP.
Saturday 29 June 2019 7.47pm
Excuse me ... not everyone who lives in the vicinity of Pulse lives in a luxury flat, and there were plenty of local residents before Pulse opened, which was not that long ago in the grand scheme of things.

Reconciling late night venues and residents is never going to be easy, but your post is hardly helpful.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 29 June 2019 8.09pm
....with the greatest of pleasure, you are excused. Back to the matter at hand of locals and community. Malaysian and Singapore investors need somewhere to realise profits on their billions invested. Just look at the 'success' of all the other major developments across London! Empty multimillion pound 'homes' for people living anywhere but in London. Corruption at Government level millions, changing hands via offshore investment funds! 'Affordable Housing' forcing families into poverty, putting how many people onto the streets?Reality is social cleansing. The facts speak for themselves!
Let a few 'queers' dance the night away! Who is entitled? Who has privilege?
BTW I am a 'queer' property developer, I know the score! Do you?
SJP
Monday 1 July 2019 9.11am
There are hardly any clubs in Southwark. I too am sick of entertainment venues closing down to make way for luxury unaffordable flats sold to foreign investors. The club has been there for more than 10 years. I bet the people who are complaining bought the flats more recently than the club opened. People want to go out in London and enjoy themselves, if you donít like living in central London with a bit of noise you have the option to move somewhere else.
Monday 1 July 2019 5.04pm
Hear Hear!

Why move to such a central area? There are so many sleepy suburbs. London Bridge is not the place if you want silence
Monday 1 July 2019 5.24pm
I agree with the sentiment. However, while it is lovely to have the flexibility to rent or buy where you like, some people have not had this luxury. They are essentially, where they have been put.
Tuesday 2 July 2019 11.20am
I shouldn't need to justify myself, but I've actually lived in this area of Southwark for over 40 years so, yes, I have lived here since way before any of the current venues were opened. I also live in social housing and don't own a property, luxury or otherwise.

My original post was intended to find out if anyone else was being bothered and to question why a 6am licence is strictly necessary. My concerns are valid and I'm entitled to raise them, so I find it hard to understand why my views aren't acceptable to some posters.

Incidentally, I doubt a set of railway arches is going to be turned into residential property any time soon. The surrounding buildings are being demolished, but the arches appear not to be included in the new development. (I could be wrong about that point though).
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions