London SE1 community website

URGENT: St Mary Magdalen Churchyard - Planning Application by Developer

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 1 August 2019 4.55pm
A developer is asking to open a new entrance through a Grade II listed wall to enhance their own property values. There is an entrance 20 metres away!

Please oppose this. Follow link below by AUGUST 2

https://planning.southwark.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=neighbourComments&keyVal=_STHWR_DCAPR_9583651
Saturday 3 August 2019 12.00am
I put in an objection & flagged on twitter but not sure if there will be enough objections. It's deplorable though, they will fell a tree or two and disrupt old headstones, all for a new entrance about 15 metres from an existing one.
Sunday 4 August 2019 9.20am
Iíve objected.
Sunday 4 August 2019 12.48pm
I have also objected
JPS
Sunday 4 August 2019 6.01pm
I have also objected
Monday 5 August 2019 5.33pm
And me.
Monday 5 August 2019 6.59pm
Thanks for letting us know. Iíve filed an objection too.
ldw
Monday 5 August 2019 11.28pm
objection just done have you facebooked and tweeted it also contact local press
Tuesday 6 August 2019 12.45pm
This isnít something new - itís been part of the redevelopment plans for quite a while (which I think already have planning permission) and was actually actively campaigned for by some local community groups as it will open up a new pedestrian route between tanner street park and the churchyard. I hope the thoroughfare and new public realm that will be created will be done to a high standard, but I otherwise donít understand the outrage.
Wednesday 7 August 2019 6.53am
It's not needed as there is already access to the park nearby and will mean the loss of tree(s). Trees are precious and if you haven't noticed Southwark council aren't great at looking after trees in the area.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions