London SE1 community website

looking for a party venue

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 7 August 2019 3.32pm
I'm looking for a venue for a gathering - a Saturday evening. Was thinking a room above a pub was most likely - have used the Horse nr Waterloo before and the upstairs at the Rosebuck. Anyone got any other ideas? Preferably easy access to at least buses or preferably tube. Thanks for any suggestions....
Thursday 8 August 2019 7.14am
Upstairs at The Trinity?
Thursday 8 August 2019 10.20am
Café Amisha on Grange Road have just opened an extra space for private parties / dining.

Small affiliation in that I supply their coffee, but I'm also just a very happy customer as they are so friendly and the food and service are great.
Thursday 8 August 2019 11.14am
You could try OTR Cafe at the Union Theatre on Union Street, its got a bar, plus outside space and near the Tube and busses.
Sjf
Friday 9 August 2019 9.22pm
Maybe pop in to the Charlotte bar on Union street, they might quarden off the upstairs for you. Good luck.
Wednesday 14 August 2019 8.43am
So I visited lots of potential places at the weekend and can share some updates - all subject to discussion as depends on event and time of year....
Charlotte - max 50 people - min spend £1500-£3000 depending on day of the week!
The Trinity - separate upstairs room - capacity 60- has own bar - min spend applies
Duke of Sussex - two upstairs rooms - no bars up there - will provide a staff member to fetch - min spend applies
Draft House by Tower Bridge - downstairs space - capacity 100 - min spend £1500 - own bar
The Glad - upstairs room (small) - can have bar
The Miller - has a room but no bar in it - can prepay drinks and provide in ice buckets
The Manor on Walworth Rd - upstairs room - no bar - can prepay drinks and provide in ice buckets
Union Jack pub on Union St - area that can be separated off.

Hope this is useful for someone else :-)

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions