London SE1 community website

Chinese takeaway - Laughing?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 18 October 2019 12.38pm
We were regular customers of Laughing but they moved off Just Eat and the last few times we tried I couldn't get through on the phone to order...Are Laughing still operating?

Anyone else suggest a good Chinese takeaway (delivery) please? Needs to have good vegetarian options.
Friday 18 October 2019 8.18pm
Laughing is definitely my favourite Chinese take-away! Their Lo Hon Jai dish (Monks vegetables) is delicious. They are still open and they offer free delivery if order is more than £13.
Tel: 020 7232 2727 / 020 7237 3131
Tuesday 22 October 2019 4.47pm
Great we'll try again. Thanks Juanita.
We tried Mengs Well Cooked on Friday and it was fine. Good to have options though.
Saturday 26 October 2019 6.01pm
Good news - Lugging is open for business. I just spoke to the lady owner in my awful Cantonese but she seemed to understand me & I like to practise. She said that the take-away was closed last week as she had to return to China.
Friday 7 February 2020 12.25pm
It is with sadness that I have to report that Laughing on Grange Road my favorite takeaway appears to have closed - the "For Rent" sign is now above the store front.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good Chinese takeaway in SE1?
Saturday 8 February 2020 8.26am
I use Crystal China as takeaway and even that's a little hit and miss I find (I'm sure you've tried it).
It's been a while since I enjoyed any kind of takeaway food and I'm certain it's not my maturing palate that's the problem.
Saturday 8 February 2020 2.50pm
Thatís a shame, any idea which agent is marketing the takeaway?
Wednesday 19 February 2020 12.52pm
The property is being marketed by Lim Commercial.

However, I'm told that Laughing will be reopening shortly for business as usual until the sale goes through - the current closure is for an extended Chinese New Year holiday. (This info from the guys in the shop next door.)

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions