London SE1 community website

18 Great Suffolk Street - Bear Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 9 November 2019 5.46pm
Hi all,

I'm considering buying a flat at 18 Great Suffolk Street (built around The White Hart pub) and I was wondering if anybody living in or nearby the development has any feedback? Such as quality of the building, boiler, heater, etc. Since the building has been there for 10 years, so i would really worry about those things. Really appreciate any feedback! Many thanks!

Roger
Monday 11 November 2019 9.22pm
My parents have lived in that building since it was first built. Think they would say they were happy in terms of the neighbours in the block.
The place tends to be pretty cold in the winter and can take a long time to heat up. I know they’ve had a problem in terms of running hot water, as it tends to be lukewarm.
The White Hart can be quite noisy as well, particularly in the summer when people spill outside to smoke.
Hope this helps
Wednesday 13 November 2019 7.27pm
Many thanks Mark! It's super helpful! This is gonna be a big decision in my life, so really appreciat your help!

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions