London SE1 community website

Toiletries for homeless shelters in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 4 December 2019 10.52pm
I have a number of small-size toiletries from hotels I would like to donate to a homeless or day shelter - is there any organisation in SE1 (aside from Webber Street) that may want them - especially around Christmastime?
Thursday 5 December 2019 11.03am
Manner society, which is a day centre for homeless in Melior St or you could wait to see where the Crises at Christmas is going to be this year, I've tried to find out but can't seem to, it'll be somewhere local.
Thursday 5 December 2019 11.28am
boroughonian wrote:
Manner society, which is a day centre for homeless in Melior St or you could wait to see where the Crises at Christmas is going to be this year, I've tried to find out but can't seem to, it'll be somewhere local.

Do you mean the Manna Society? https://www.mannasociety.org.uk/
Thursday 5 December 2019 11.39am
juanita wrote:
boroughonian wrote:

Do you mean the Manna Society? https://www.mannasociety.org.uk/

I do, bad dictating from Mrs b. Thanks!
Thursday 5 December 2019 2.15pm
St. Mungo's in Great Guildford St. SE1
Thursday 5 December 2019 5.48pm
As a general comment - if you see a rough sleeper, you can offer these directly. I chatted with a group while waiting for a bus recently. They went around the West End on Thursday nights offering toiletries as well as a hot drink. They said they were't part of an organisation, just a group who did the rounds.

What I'd not considered before were grooming items like razors, toothbrushes/ paste. I'm told female rough sleepers always ask for sanitary items, wet wipes & deodorant.

I volunteer at a Salvation Army Lifehouse (homeless + addictions) & anything free goes in minutes so your donation should be welcome!

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions