London SE1 community website

Local plumber

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 16 January 2020 7.31pm
Hi all, although I've searched, I can't find a thread later than 2017 regarding good local plumbers. Either my memory's playing tricks or I'm not searching properly, I'm sure there's been some since then.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a good reasonable plumber for, I think, a simple cistern job?

Wayne seemed to got good reviews on here, as anyone used him recently?

It's for an elderly lady so big call out fees are a no.
Wednesday 22 January 2020 11.57pm
I have used A plumber called Garry Johnson for several years now.

Totally reliable. No call out fee. Reasonable rates.

Garry's number is 07882642799.
Thursday 23 January 2020 10.06am
Thanks Aiberdeen, much appreciated, it's still an issue so Garry will be getting a call.
Wednesday 5 February 2020 7.07pm
Thanks to that post, I also called Garry. Great guy, good price, quite busy ( a few days wait but that wasn t an emergency ) but worth the wait.
Thursday 6 February 2020 12.46pm
Yes Garry came and carried out more work than was anticipated and Mum in law is very happy.

There was a call out but first hours labour free.

I personally had a bit of an issue. It turned out that the problem wasn't as I had been told, the cistern. Because I hadn't been told of another issue obviously connected to the toilet not working I had advised that he buy the gubbins for new cistern works. To me, as soon as he sees the other issue he would know that the cistern wasn't the problem. I thought he could've explained that and given the option to change or keep spare, he still would've had work to do. Still, like I say everyone's happy and I'm just being a pedant.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions